Chapter 16

Ginger was horrified. It was the same woman who tried to kill her back at the farm, trying to turn her into a chicken pie. How did she build this factory and why did she capture all of the other chickens?

"It's her," she whimpered. Nellie began to whimper, but Ginger held her close. The nightmare has been coming true to them and it's repeating once more.

"Darling, this is Sir Eat-a-Lot," Dr Fry introduced Smith to his new wife.

"The name is Reginald Smith," he corrected him. "Sir Eat-a-Lot is just the name of the restaurant chain."

"Hello, Reginald," answered Mrs. Tweedy. "I see you've met my current husband, Dr. Fry. Was I attracted to his large inheritance and vast acres of land? No, it was his mind. You probably can't tell by looking at him, but he's a genius."

"You flatter me, darling," chuckled Dr. Fry.

"With degrees from Oxford and Cambridge in clinical neurology, behavioral psychology, genetic engineering..."

"And drama!" Dr Fry exclaimed but she shoved him out of the way.

"Now you've had the appetizer, time for the main course. Come," Mrs Tweedy answered, leading Smith to the balcony.

Molly began to follow them once their back was turned as Naomi followed.

"Molly, no. Get back," Ginger whispered and started to go after them with Nellie chasing after her.

Stealthy hiding over a machine, Molly poked her head to see they were heading to a balcony, below is the chicken park. The humans walked to the controls and watched as the chickens mindlessly played. Motioning quietly, Molly gestured to Naomi that they should get a closer look.

"Oh, look. They like the new egg cup ride," Fry smiled.

Naomi and Molly look down and can see Frizzle still riding on the springy ride. Before Molly could do something, a pair of hands dragged her and Naomi to the corner.

"Mum?"

"Oh, Mollypod. Are you okay?" Ginger asked her daughter.

"Yes."

"Promise never to run away again. Did they hurt you?" she asked her.

Molly shook her head. "I'm fine, but I think they eat..."

"They eat chicken," Naomi chirped.

"Who are you?" Nellie asked, looking at the black silkie chicken.

"This is Naomi," Molly introduced her to her mom and aunt.

"Come on. Get on with it," Mrs Tweedy grumbled, making the four chickens look over through the corner.

"Right you are, pumpkin," Dr. Fry answered.

Ginger peeked over as Dr. Fry held up what appears to be a remote control. "The remote control. And the other remote controls." He held out two more in his arms.

"Why three?" Smith asked.

"Nobody knows."

Annoyed, Mrs. Tweedy grabbed the remote. "Let's go with... that one." He pressed the button, only for the collars on all the chickens to turn off.

"What's going on?" she demanded.

"No, no, no. Wrong one, my angel. That's the off button." Dr Fry told her, pressing the button once more, turning the chickens back into happy zombies. "Allow me. " He spun a dial on the button on 314 and pressed it. The collar on the chicken flashed.

"It's me," she gasped, dazed.

Everyone awed in amazement as the hill opened up to reveal a multicolored escalator. The hen started to approach it as everyone watched.