❀pressure❀

As I approached the hall, I could hear the distant yells of many grow louder and louder. I never usually have lunch in there. In fact, I skipped lunch entirely.
Last year halfway through the first term the school had decided to make a rule forbidding students from eating outside of the cafeteria, this meant most either brought in their own food and hid outside, or dealt with it.
I, however, did neither, I don't have time to buy and make my own lunch, and I'm definitely not sitting in there with the crowd. The cafeteria was far to small for the number of students inhabiting the school.

Stupid school rules.

"Josh?" A voice called out, breaking through my complaining thoughts.

I had been standing in the doorway to our destination.

"Were here." I looked around hesitantly before whispering, "Get your food and.. we'll sneak it out or somethin-."

In seconds of me explaining my plan, one of the cafeteria security staff, who were just the dinner ladies on their breaks, stood behind me.
She coughed through gritted teeth and murmured, "No, you will not. want me to report you? And you boy take off that jacket inside."

I quickly grabbed ahold of Damians' jacket, "No miss, sorry," and ran inside the hall.
Crowds of hungry teens swarmed around me as they ran either into the queue or to attempt to find an empty, decently clean table.

I inched closer to damian, looking for any kind of comfort I could get in the overwhelming situation. I begin my unhealthy habit once again.

Sounds blared into my ears.
Scratching of cutlery against plates, chairs against floors, fingernails against skin.

Suddenly, as my eyes frantically searched for the exit, arms wrapped around my chest, hugging my softly.

I felt warm, calmer, better.

Wtf is he doing now?!

I pushed him away, "Damian?! What the hell?!" I yelled out, looking around the room to check if anyone saw, my eyes darting around rapidly.
If the populars saw, I'd be tortured more than ever.

We stared in silence for a moment. His worried face looking back at mine made me feel like I was melting from the inside out. I couldn't tell if I liked it.
I didn't want to push him away, I wanted to hug him forever, I wanted to tell him, tell him how he makes me feel. But...I'm petrified, I don't understand what's happening to me.

"Sorry Josh, you just seemed yk?" He soothed.

I snapped back, "Its Joshua."

"Joshua!" A faint familiar voice yelled behind me.

Me and Damian both turned quickly, looking around the room for who could've called me.

It was zuri.

Great. This again.

Before the rule I was able to sit by myself, alone outside eating whatever rubbish the cafeteria was selling and everytime I walked past, zuri would try and get me to join her little "club" or whatever it is she has going on.
But since the rule, I've been able to avoid her and her friend, except for math class.

I guess the rule wasn't that bad...

I watched as zuri and her friend wanda began to embarrassingly jump up off their seats and wave their arms around to get my attention.

Tugging on damians jacket, whilst desperately trying to ignore them, I exclaimed, "Let's go quick. We can get food after school. "

Damian looked at me with confusion, "But ur friends want you?"