Note #6

"Adrasil! How dare you kill her?!" Third Elder Sister slammed the door open and screamed in Fourth Elder Brother's face angrily. And loudly.

"Illa? What's wrong?" Fourth Elder Brother immediately stood up from his seat, as much as Velatus would like to say 'panickedly', the word didn't exist. Still, Fourth Elder Brother's expression was panicky enough to be considered guilty.

"What's wrong? How can you say, 'what's wrong'? Shelly's dead! And the shape of injuries points to you! Do you really resent her that much? To the extent of wanting her dead? You should've known how much I love her!" Third Elder Sister seemed angry. Really really angry. Really, Velatus didn't think that a dead maid would make Third Elder Sister be so angry that much. He thought of it more as a threat. Or perhaps a declaration of war, since Third Elder Sister so frequently visited the maid and stay in her resting quarters, therefore claiming the maid hers. Besides, Velatus didn't plan to shift the blame on Fourth Elder Brother in the first place, but then, he didn't really want to just step out (and expose himself in doing so) and tell them that Velatus told Seventh Younger Sister to kill the maid. Naturally, Velatus could've done that instead. It would've been much quicker and more effective. But he let Seventh Younger Sister murder the maid so that the girl would actually get involved and not rat him out should she get caught another time, on another of her missions. Perhaps to kill Eight Younger Brother?

Why was Velatus not worried that he himself would get caught? Hm, he never was. Besides, there was absolutely every way that he would rat the girl out. Besides, the girl's part was mostly to kill Third Elder Sister. He really couldn't deal with them one after another. Third Elder Sister performed best when fueled by some extreme emotions like rage, courtesy to her sword. And she seemed like she could feel next to no pain at all even when the attack found its way to her body, which was hard since the sword actually had a protective barrier built in that would activate automatically when it sensed that a danger was approaching its user, one deadly flaw was that it didn't react to poisons. Fourth Elder Brother, when no longer held back by Third Elder Sister, fought in a maniacal and suicidal way. It was pretty hard for a normal person to fight with him, no matter which way. The Algor family had a particular physique that made them more immune to poison, though not always. Which meant that were they to poison Fourth Elder Brother, or Third Elder Sister, for all that mattered, with a poison that killed immediately, they would still be alive for around a day at most and a few hours at least (it was the reason why Second Elder Brother was still alive). Which was enough for Fourth Elder Brother or anyone in the Algor household to wreak havoc (Second Elder Brother was an exception since the poison Velatus had given him was to specifically target his aura, what he mainly used to fight).

So after a while of discussion, they decided that it would be the perfect plan for Seventh Younger Sister to poison Third Elder Sister with the strongest poison that she had and fight with Third Elder Sister until after Fourth Elder Brother was killed by Velatus. Of course, Seventh Elder Sister was skeptical of this plan, since 'it was pretty hard for a normal person to fight with Fourth Elder Brother'. But then, Velatus had always had a supernatural healing ability. And Mother had helped Velatus grow accustomed to pain. From small to big.

Back to the matter at hand, Fourth Elder Brother and Third Elder Sister continued to argue. Fourth Elder Brother never explained anything, perhaps he thought that Third Elder Sister would understand that he was framed without him saying anything? Had Third Elder Sister been in a sane mind, she surely would've understood, if only from Fourth Elder Brother's silence, so different from his usual talkative mind. So, they broke apart, just like that, so simply, just over a dead maid.

And so the inseparable twins were separated.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Feeling extra productive today~ Praise me!