13- The Beach

"For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."
- Vincent Van Gogh

~~~~
New

"Would you like to take a walk on the beach?"

Nobody had ever asked me that.

I found myself fixated on that particular phrase, unable to shake it from my mind. It elicited a sense of both intrigue and allure. Individuals who articulate themselves in such a manner ought to be prohibited from society.

During my time with Earth, he had never taken me to the beach. He is likely unaware of my fondness for beaches, as he preferred mountains and trekking over leisurely walks.

Tay Tawan inadvertently crossed off an item on my bucket list with his unexpected question.

His inquiry caught me off guard, and I was unprepared for it. However, I managed to nod in agreement, and now we find ourselves strolling along peacefully.

I suspect that even the trip to the restaurant was not originally on his agenda for the day, yet I am grateful that he permitted me to have a meal. I was feeling quite anxious about our meeting today, especially after our previous altercation. His comment about my lips left me bewildered and questioning his thoughts.

Tawan caught my attention by focusing on our feet intently as we walked. Suddenly, he halted, and I followed suit and looked up to meet his gaze. He expressed, quite firmly, "I need a photo."

Curiously, I inquired, "Of what?"

Meeting my gaze directly, he continued, "You and I."

I held my breath and stared right back. I bit my lip as I recalled the words he'd thrown at me. Why does he form his words like that? You and I.

I must have shown shock on my face, prompting him to clarify, "I need it for evidence."

Oh.

Understanding his request, I nodded, "Alright."

Pulling out his phone from his back pocket, he proceeded to capture images of the sky, beach, and our lingering footprints. Didn't he say he wanted to take a photo of us?

He stared at his phone, then looked at me, making me feel embarrassed. It was like being caught stealing candies. I didn't mean to stare at him that way.

He said he wanted to take a photo with me, but then took pictures of the scenery instead. Tay Tawan Vihokratana is unbelievable. And I'm marrying this idiot.

Without warning, he took a selfie before I could pose or smile.

"Just took a photo," he said.

I was shocked. Before I could object, he snapped a picture of my surprised face.

"Delete that!" I demanded.

He shook his head, "No."

"You pudding-head! Delete it!" I lightly hit his arm. Who does he think he is? "Don't play games with me!"

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm where I hit him, then glared at me. "Pudding- what? What does that even mean?"

I glared back at him. "I don't know! Now gimme your Phone!"

He responded firmly, "I need the photos. I won't delete them or give you my phone."

Oh, really? Let's solve this head-to-head. I quickly widened my eyes and gazed past him, muttering an "omg" in the process. He turned around, puzzled. I seized the opportunity to grab his phone from his hand.