(10) In The Name of Love

*********{HOPE YOU CAN ENJOY THIS CHAPTER}********

***********{ONLY A FAN FICTION. BE WARNED}**********

The modern apartment buzzed with quiet anticipation as Wei Wuxian anxiously awaited Lan Wangji's return. The city lights outside the window cast a gentle glow, a stark contrast to the turmoil that churned within Wei Wuxian's heart. The events of the past days had left him on edge, sensing a growing distance between him and Lan Wangji.

As the door clicked open, relief washed over Wei Wuxian, and he turned to find Lan Wangji standing in the doorway. The worry lines etched on Wei Wuxian's face softened into a smile.Wei Wuxian, rushing towards Lan Wangji: "Lan Zhan, you're back! I was getting worried. What took you so long?"

Lan Wangji, his expression composed: "I apologize. My phone battery died, and I decided to visit Xichen."

Wei Wuxian, relief evident in his voice: "Oh, you should've told me. I was so worried something happened."

Lan Wangji, a gentle smile: "I'm sorry for causing you concern, Wei Ying."

As Lan Wangji stepped further into the apartment, the unspoken weight of the meeting with Mu Yunzheng lingered in the air. Wei Wuxian, though curious, refrained from prying into Lan Wangji's thoughts. Instead, he chose to focus on the moment, on the shared sanctuary they called home.

Wei Wuxian, playfully pouting: "You know, you could've at least sent me a message that you will go to your brother. I was going crazy thinking something happened to you."

Lan Wangji, apologetic: "I should have. I'll make sure to keep you informed next time."

Wei Wuxian, a teasing glint in his eyes: "You better, Lan Zhan. I can't have my beautiful boyfriend disappearing on me without a trace."

Lan Wangji, a hint of amusement: "I promise, Wei Ying."

They settled into the familiar rhythm of their shared space, the worries of the outside world momentarily forgotten. Yet, Lan Wangji couldn't shake the burden he carried-the decision looming over him like a storm cloud.

As they sat together, Wei Wuxian nestled against Lan Wangji, the silence spoke volumes. The unspoken tension wrapped around them like a cocoon, and Lan Wangji, torn between love and duty, grappled with the choice he knew he had to make.

Wei Wuxian, breaking the quiet: "Lan Zhan, is everything okay? You seem... different."

Lan Wangji, a soft sigh escaping him: "Wei Ying, there are things on my mind, but I don't want to burden you."

Wei Wuxian, turning to face Lan Wangji: "Lan Zhan, we share everything. Whatever you're going through, I want to be there for you."

Lan Wangji, hesitating: "It's a family matter. I need to handle it."

Wei Wuxian, a reassuring smile: "You're my family too, Lan Zhan. Whatever it is, we face it together."

Lan Wangji, a mix of gratitude and conflict in his eyes: "Thank you, Wei Ying."

The night unfolded, and they found solace in each other's presence. The unspoken truths lingered beneath the surface, and as they held onto the moments of peace, Lan Wangji couldn't shake the weight of the decision he knew he had to make.The modern city outside their window continued to pulse with life, unaware of the intricate struggles within the walls of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian's shared home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~FLASHBACK~

The high-rise office was steeped in tension as Mu Yunzheng, his face impassive, sat across the table from Lan Wangji. Negotiations were underway, and the stakes were higher than ever.