(9)Hold on Tight

*********{HOPE YOU CAN ENJOY THIS CHAPTER}********

***********{ONLY A FAN FICTION. BE WARNED}**********

The soft glow of the evening sun cast a warm ambiance over the sleek, modern house that Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian called home. Wei Wuxian, recovering from a recent mishap during a photoshoot, lounged on the plush sofa, a hint of mischief in his eyes as he watched Lan Wangji prepare a tray of herbal tea. It's been 3 days since that happened.

Wei Wuxian: Looks like I've got my very own personal caretaker.

(Wei Wuxian teased, a playful grin on his face)

Lan Wangji: Taking care of you is my priority, Wei ying.(Lan Wangji, dressed in his usual impeccable style, responded with a slight smile.)

As they settled on the balcony, the cityscape spread out before them, a tapestry of lights against the twilight sky.

Wei Wuxian basked in the tranquility of the moment, grateful for the reprieve from the hectic pace of his career

Lan Wangji, however, couldn't shake the weight of the secret he bore-the sudden financial turmoil that had befallen his family and the looming threat of an arranged marriage to salvage their fortunes. He hesitated, torn between the desire to confide in Wei Wuxian and the fear of burdening him with the troubles of the Lan family.

As they sipped their tea, the conversation flowed effortlessly, and laughter echoed through the apartment. Yet, the unresolved conflict simmered beneath the surface, casting a shadow on Lan Wangji's composed demeanor.

Later, as they stood on the balcony, the city lights twinkling like a sea of stars, Lan Wangji took a deep breath. Wei Wuxian turned to him, sensing the shift in the atmosphere.

"Love, what's on your mind?" Wei Wuxian's eyes searched Lan Wangji's face for answers.Lan Wangji hesitated, his gaze meeting Wei Wuxian's with a mixture of love and apprehension. 

"Wei ying, there's something I need to tell you."Before he could articulate the turmoil within him, Wei Wuxian's phone buzzed with an incoming call. A frown creased his forehead as he answered, only for the color to drain from his face with each passing moment.

WY: "Lan Zhan, it's... it's about my job. Someone's deliberately sabotaging my projects, spreading rumors." (Wei Wuxian's voice wavered with a mix of frustration and disbelief.)

Lan Wangji's grip tightened on the balcony railing. The person responsible for Wei Wuxian's professional downfall was none other than the individual he had refused to marry. The consequences of his decision had now seeped into every aspect of their lives. But with all this worries, he should be with his love no matter what. He must not give up for both of them.

LZ: "Wei Ying, we will face this together,"

Lan Wangji vowed, the conflict within him intensifying.

The evening, which had begun with the promise of a sweet and romantic respite, now hung in uncertainty. Wei Wuxian's career, crucial for the search for his real parents, was under attack, and Lan Wangji couldn't ignore the connection to his own familial struggles.As they retreated inside, the air was charged with unspoken tension. Lan Wangji grappled with the decision to reveal the truth, to unburden himself, yet he hesitated, not wanting to cast a pall over Wei Wuxian's already troubled circumstances.In the soft glow of the apartment, they found themselves wrapped in an embrace, seeking comfort in each other's arms. Lan Wangji, torn between the desire for honesty and the fear of causing further distress, silently vowed to shield Wei Wuxian from the storm that threatened to tear apart their carefully constructed world.The modern skyline outside the window seemed to mirror the complexity of their lives, and as they held each other close, the unspoken struggles of the night hinted at the challenges that lay ahead.