CHAPTER 2 PAGE 14: At your peril

The scene shifted to a spacious bungalow in the heart of the town, where the Lordean troops had
gathered. Among them was Albert, a prosperous merchant in the city of Lordea and one of the trusted nobles of Meracoras. Over time, tensions had been brewing between Albert and Meracoras, and their relationship was on the verge of breaking. "Merchant Albert! It is the king's order, and this is our final opportunity to secure our power by successfully completing the mission of selling ten thousand tons of gold and a bag of gemstones to the Victorian king!" declared one of the Lordean troops. Albert, aware of the significance of the task, expressed his concerns.

"I understand, but please consider that I have previously invested fifty thousand germs into another business deal. If I join you on this mission, I will incur an additional loss of fifty thousand germs. Please understand..." he pleaded. The troops, fuelled by their loyalty to the king, accused Albert of treason. "Aren't you following the king's command? Treason!" they shouted angrily. As they closed in on him, ready to apprehend him and take him to the king, a stern voice interrupted their advance.

"I will go! Do you need someone from our family to accompany you? I will
represent your king!" came a confident voice from behind. Stepping forward was a young woman with an enchanting appearance-pink-blue eyes and cascading silky hair that accentuated her beauty. The troops were taken aback, momentarily stunned by the unexpected arrival of the girl. They exchanged glances, unsure of how to respond. Finally, one of them spoke up, "Very well, if you are willing to take the merchant's place and represent our king, we shall accept your offer. But remember, this mission is of utmost importance, and failure is not an option."