🇵 🇷 🇴 🇱 🇴 🇬 🇺 🇪 

prologue
Athena Gilt

...

ATHENA'S LIFE DEFINETELY WASN'T AND STILL ISN'T AS EASY AS IT MIGHT SEEM TO OTHERS. When the dark days came she was only a little girl. Too scared of the cold wind hitting her body when they didn't have enought heat from lack of wood for their fire.

Too afraid to even do anything, to move an inch of her finger when her mother died. Right in front of Athena's innocent baby eyes. At first she didn't even know what it meant that she just died, little Athena thought her mother was just sleeping, that she will wake up after some time.

Too terrified when her father started drinking, more time being under the influence of alcohol than sober or to even be there for his - at the time - seven year old daughter who's mum was dead for a more than year now.

When she was younger, before the terrible war and the rebelion of the districts. Her parents loved Athena, she was the center of their world, their whole attention just on her. But that's just a long lost and forgotten memory.

Financially they were thankfully still very high in Capitol society after the rebelion. Because her father wasn't one to invest in the thirteen district, they didn't lose much of their wealth like the Snow family.

That doesn't mean they weren't starving or desperate during the war. No, it was as bad for them, as for other citizens.

After everything that happened to Athena at that young age, she completely changed. From a silly, cheerful and loving child, she became a confident, manipulative and selfish lady. Her bright eyes and intelligent mind observing everything and everyone.

She wanted a change, she wanted the fame, popularity, money and maybe a little of love. Or just an attention she lacked of. Her father couldn't care less about his daughter. Maybe she was one of the best student's at academy, her grades totally perfect, social status too.

But even if she was the best of the best, he wouldn't give a fuck. He lived in his own little world of drinking and money.  There wasn't enought space for his own blood.

Which angered her even more, not having the attention she thought she deserved. And because Athena didn't get it from her only living family member, she tried it the the harder way.

Perform for the whole Capitol.

Obviously she did it. Athena sang her lungs out on the podium, on the biggest, the most beautiful theater podium in the Capitol where she knew everyone would hear her.

They did.

And they loved every second of her. She was maybe known in Capitol for her father, his wealth and her being the only heir to Gilt family.

But now they saw her in completely new light, her talent totally outshining any other music artist that was there before. Her songs playing on radios and tvs.

That was a half year ago and nobody has forgotten about her. How could they? She is memorable which is something really rare for Capitol citizens to do, to remember and don't get bored. But with her they could never do it.

Athena even had a few concerts on much better podium they build for her. Just for her. Exciting, isn't it? To be the main star in the whole universe, only at the age of seventeen.

It was. At the beginning but it's completely different story. Even as much as Athena loved it, now she needs some more spice and entertainment to it. Which is exactly what the Snow boy will and did give her. He made her feel like a queen, no, screw it.

He made her feel like godness.

Of course Athena still enjoys to perform for the people, be someone kids in the future will look up to, others recognising her while walking on the street. The talk of Capitol for her musical and academy skills.

Athena still adores it but she wants...needs something much more. More powerful, more creative, more notorious to everyone else. And she knows exactly what that is.

Two things.

To become the Head gamemaker.

And Coriolanus Snow being hers.

She always gets what she wants, Athena would do anything to get what her desires are.

Even kill for it. And she will.

a/n soo a little short prologue. what do we think?