𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸: 𝙱𝚒𝚝 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚠

Rosemont, Illinois | November 26, 2023 | Survivor Series: War Games

Parker Colton or simply known in the worlds of wrestling as Red Colton due to her flaming red hair and even more fiery personality that shaped her to the one, if not, one of the veterans of the industry and of the WWE. But sometimes the fire that rested in the depths of her soul would engulf and burn everything around her, every single thing that she touches burns to a crisp.

One CM Punk was also a victim of her flames. But like a Phoenix rising from the ashes the bastard was up and running like he didn't swore up and down that he would not wrestle again—or more specific never step foot in anything that has to do with WWE. But she should have expected it out of the man, the man that never could keep his words. Never has and never will. That was the many reasons why her relationship with the father of her beloved daughter never truly worked out, the only relationship she could actually deal with was the dysfunctional co-parenting setup the both of them had agreed upon outside the court.

The moment she had received the text from the man, she knew what she was about to expect. He was giving her a warning on his impending stay and she needed to fucking deal with it one way or another, and so she did.

She had gone into autopilot mode all night, with various interviews and smalls talks she had to make with the rest of the producers for what was to come in the next few weeks and what was to be expected out of her now that she was champion.

But then in the chaos that came to events like this, there was the sudden stillness amongst the frantic back and forths of the people around her. She was left standing still in the monitors, watching with bated breath what was to happen in the main event.

"Daddy!"

It took her a second, but she finally turned to see the man that had once been the man she had once hoped and dreamed to be her husband. But the way things turn out in life it never happened. Some things were just too painful and they were both left better off apart from each other with only their daughter being the only thing that linked they had with each other. She had made it work the best that she could but she could never truly say it wasn't painful. All the plans they had made for each other were ruined by resentment and changes neither of them had ever truly moved on from.

Phil was just as handsome as the day she had first laid eyes on him back in their shared time in Ring of Honor. Who would have ever thought she could ever feel the familiar flutter in her chest at the sight of him.

"Little Squirt." Phil beamed ear to ear enveloping his daughter in his arms.

She blankly watched the interaction between her daughter and her father and once upon a time she could imagine the life they all had together. All the ups and downs that came with their relationship before, but now as the longing continued to grow she was certain it would just be a figment of her imagination. What could have been but never will happen in her lifetime.

"Long time no see, Peanut." Phil has finally had the audacity to acknowledge her, with their daughter now lifted into his arms, so effortlessly still.

"Philip." Her tone was clipped, uncertain how to truly react at the sight of him.

"Come on Parker. Don't be like that." She could genuinely see the hurt in the man's eyes but there wasn't anything she could do to make things better for him.

Fear was, by far, the most evident emotion she was feeling. The fear of having to deal with his mess all over again. The mess of having to wonder how she would ever handle both being a new mother and a fiancé that was just recently fired from the company they both worked for. Then there was the mess that came with numerous lawsuits and fall out with her brother and him and she was forced to pick a side when all she wanted to do was protect her daughter from all the mess it brought to everyone. But it was the fear of having his heart break all over again because of the man that just wasn't going to stay trumped everything worry she had come to know when dealing with him.

"I don't know what you want me to feel, Phil. One minute you sent me a text that you're going back to wrestling for AEW then another you've gotten yourself in a fist fight with the very people that made you come back and now you're back here like nothing happened."

It was still a sore topic for the both of them even with the months that passed. How she had tried her best and failed to shield her daughter from the news of her ex's antics in the competitor company. Mallory might act like a kid of most given days, but she knew her daughter was far too smart for her age, knew the implication of their line of work and the history of her father's demise from both WWE and AEW.

"Can we at least talk about this later after the show?" He pleaded.

All Parker could do was nod, seeing the hopeful glimmer in her daughter's eyes of having both her parents together was not a moment she wanted to crush at the moment. She would have her time as soon as her daughter was asleep.

"I know I effed up and I have a lot of explaining to do and I would as much as you needed from me. I'll do anything to fix what we used to have."

She was left speechless from his words. Why was there a sudden change of heart with him? What could she possibly say with such a heavy statement where everyone could possibly and would definitely hear and be passed around and be written on dirt sheets if she wasn't too careful?

"We'll talk later." She relents taking hold of her daughter. "Just do what you needed to do."

She didn't, for all that she could in her, expected to have him crawling back to her in more ways than one. The first, just to happen to be onto her bed in the hotel room.