Chapter Five

Ian lets me sit in the front of the car, which was a black Audi, so I did. To be honest, he was quite polite. We both wait in the car for Maria as she was signing some papers, it was taking a long time. It was silent, an awkward silence, luckily, Ian speaks up.

"So, have you ever played any video games?" He asks, looking up from his phone.

I nod, "yeah, we were allowed to play them in that shit pit a few times. I have played Pokemon, Minecraft, Zelda, Call of Duty, halo and mario," I list, I notice he is smiling as I am listing them.

"I love all them games," he says to me, "We have a few video games at our house if you wanna play sometime."

I nod excitedly. "Yes! Of course!" We then sat in silence for a minute or two before Maria enters the car. She looks at both of us and smiles. She turns on the radio and Fall Out Boy are on. I couldn't help but hum along to 'Uma Thurman'.

Maria drives through the city, I've never been here before, it's much more peaceful with little bungalows and a few bigger houses. There's a field and a park here, we also pass a school which I assume is the one I'm going to.

We then pull up at a big bungalow, it only had one floor with the looks of it but it was still pretty big. We exit the car and I get given my bag by Ian, I smile and thank him as we enter my new home.

"Welcome home," Maria says happily, smiling. Wow, they're always smiling!

Ian steps next to me and looks over at me, "cmon, I'll show you your room!" He says, taking my wrist firmly and leading me through a hallway, he opens the door to my room. It had been whitewashed since they didn't know my favourite colour back then (probably around a week ago). I plop myself on my single bed and sigh softly. This is amazing, much better than my old room in the adoption centre. There is a black desk and a black book case, along with a black wardrobe. I then notice Ian smiling at me. "You like it?" He asks, sitting next to me, I don't know what to say so I just nod. "Well, I'll leave you to unpack," he says, leaving the room.

I stand up and then put my artsy things and a few photos on my desk, I look up into the mirror above it. Wow, I look tired. I shrug and then put my books on the bookcase and then a picture of me and Rhianna in there too. I smile softly and wipe a tear that escaped my eye, damn, I'll miss her. I sigh and then head over to the wardrobe where I unpack all my clothes. At the bottom of my bag is my phone, I don't remember packing it but luckily it's there.

I take a pair of pyjamas and quickly put them on in case anyone entered. She presumed she was to do that since it was 9:00 pm. I walk out my room and greet Maria on the way.

"hello Luna," she smiles, "if you go into the living room, you should see Ian and his friend Anthony. You should get to know them better." She says, walking into what I think is the bathroom, I then walk into the kitchen and then Ian looks at me (the kitchen and the living room are connected) and calls me other, I nod and then grab an apple out of a fruit bowl, I am a vegetarian by the way. I sit by Ian and his friend and smile at them both.

"Hiya," I say politely.

"Hello Luna, wanna play Halo 3 with us?" Ian asked, offering me a controller. I nod and take it. "We haven't started yet so don't worry about a disadvantage." Ian looks at Anthony. "Oh yeah! Anthony, this is Luna. Luna this is Anthony."

"Hello," We (me and Anthony) say at the same time.

Ian starts the game of Halo 3. We are all teamed up for the first game and we go up against other people online. By the end of the game, our team won: Ian had 20 kills, I had 15 and Anthony had 14. We all high five each other. I look at Anthony and I notice his features more. He had light skin, dark brown emo hair, and brown eyes. Ian gets up and goes to the toilet and left me and Anthony alone. It was kinda awkward.

Anthony looked at me, I was in a daydream so he had to poke me to get me out of it. I look at him.

"Sorry, I daydream a lot" I admit, blushing lightly.

"It's fine, I do it a lot too, especially in class, it gets so boring." He laughs.

"I've never actually been in an actual class, I've been taught by the adoption centre and it was pretty shit, I daydreamed a lot them lessons." I laugh too.

"Wow, must be rough there."

"Yep" I say popping the 'p' for no reason. "There was some weird people. And there was also some fucking annoying people." I laugh.

Ian comes back in and we carry on our game of Halo.