chapter 3

Twenty minutes with these people and I'm already dying of awkwardness. I feel out of place especially with this guy showing me how much he hates every thing I say and do by shaking his head every 3 seconds. I wonder if his neck is still fine and not sore after all the head shaking he'd done for the past minutes.

I reached for my phone inside my pocket and went on my Twitter for a couple of minutes before being stopped by Sophia. I thought third wheeling is bad but now it's clear to me that this is much much much worse. I shouldn't have said yes to Sophia's offer to hangout with Liam's friends. Because first, duh? And second, duh? And lastly, duh?!?!?!?

"C'mere." Someone wrapped his hand on my wrist and pulled me up making me stand. It's Zayn.

"What? Why? Where are we going? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Just come with me, okay?" His face soft and voice sweet.

This guy is crazy. One second, he's mentally killing you, the next, he's being so sweet and asking you to come with him to who knows where. I walked next to him and told Sophia not to follow us.

We stopped in front of my car. I looked at him and his face is now his mad face again. What the fuck is wrong with this guy.

"Can you just please go already?" He said trying to hide the anger in his voice.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, just go already."

"What the? What d'you mean?"

"Is it that hard to understand? I want you to go home now."

"Why? Are you like the owner of the café?! What the fuck did I do to you?"

"In fact, yes I, in a way, own the café."

"Oh, so you have the right to kick customers out of your store? Why do you want me to leave anyway? What did I do?!" I said before biting my lip trying so hard not to burst out crying.

"Because.."

"Because what?!?!" I said biting my lip even harder.

"I can't focus, okay? I don't know how to act around you. I've been like this ever since high school and I still am now. I thought I have moved on by now but guess what! I still haven't!" Okay this guy is nuts

"Okay, first and probably second and third, I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU BEFORE TODAY!!"

"That's it! That's exactly why I got hurt. Because you didn't know me. I liked you so much but I was just one of your many admirers. You were my one and only but I was just one of your many." His words made my jaw fell to the ground

"What?" I said confused (obviously)

"I heard you were dating that Ian guy the day I decided to introduce myself to you." He said almost choking.

"You were my first heartbreak and now that I see you again after two years makes my heart break one more time. It sounds cheesy but it's true. So can you please leave? I can't function when I'm around you." He continued.

"Okay, this is weird and I can't talk to you right now about the past or anything because I've had enough shit for today so now, I'm gonna have to leave just tell Sophia that I need to poop or something okay? Goodbye. Oh wait, put your number on here so we could talk tomorrow. Just please talk to me." He typed his number looking confused before I got in my car and drove off.

---
I woke up next morning with a bit of a headache. I searched the house for my mother but she's not home.

"Wow, a cancer girl home alone." I said to myself before stepping into the shower. I slipped into a white shirt, ripped skinny jeans and converse and drove to Sophia's place.

*A GODDESS IS AT YOUR DOORSTEP LET HER IN FOR SHE IS THE FAIREST OF THEM ALL* I texted Sophia instead of ringing the doorbell because that's what people my age do.

After what seems like a lifetime, someone opened the door for me.

"Wow! You decided to let me in!" I said to Sophia before going inside her apartment's kitchen walking past the living room and getting some pizza. I made my way back to the living room where she and four others were.

"Oh fuck." I said scanning the faces of the boys sitting next to Sophia.

"Hi guys! I didn't see you. Uhm. Yeah. Hi!" They all waved their hands and smiled.

Good thing Zayn's not with them. I came back to the kitchen to get another slice of pizza but unfortunately, pizza wasn't all that I got. But a pizza, and a glare from Zayn.

"What are you doing here?" He said half-yelling

"Uhm probably because this is my BEST friend's house."

He rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Stop." I said.

He turned and looked my way. "What?"

"Let's talk, please."

He rolled his eyes AGAIN, and walked towards me. When he was in front of me, I stepped back for his face was like 7 inches away from mine. He stepped closer and I stepped back. He stepped closer and I stepped back. He stepped closer and I tried to step back but I couldn't because I reached the sink and now, his face is only 2 inches away from mine.

"Kiss me." He says, the air that had the smell of mint from his mouth brushed against my cheeks.

What? Did he say 'kiss me'? This guy is crazy. He is crazy. Why would I wanna kiss him? Maybe it's because I'm dying in five months. I might as well have him as my first kiss.

I cupped his cheeks with my hands and kissed him passionately. His eyes were closed so I decided to close mine, too. After a few seconds, I felt his tongue on my bottom lip which he raised to the opening of my mouth moving them as if asking me to let his tongue in. So I did. I felt electricity run through my body as soon as his tongue met mine. He wrapped his arms around my hips and pulled me closer to him. My body is on fire and for a moment in my life, I think I love the feeling of being on fire. He lowers his hand and placed them at the back of my knees making them fold. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he sits me down on the table of the kitchen. I stopped kissing him and he did the same after a couple of seconds.

"Wait a second." I said

He stepped back "I'm so sorry."

I was still sitting on the table with my legs slightly spread. I quickly closed them and put my hand on my mouth.

I sat there for two minutes before deciding to sit down on the chair. I told him to sit down on the other in front of me so he did.

"I am so sorry Sam. I didn't mean to do that carrying you to the kitchen table thing. I am so sorry I didn't expect you to kiss me but when you did I couldn't stop my self. You turn me on."

"Okay let's just not talk about it. I just wanted to tell you that I never dated Ian. He's gay and is probably with his Australian boyfriend as we speak. I'm sorry if I hurt you back in high school, if I never noticed you that's probably because I was focusing on my studies so much which is why I didn't have time for all the flirting thing. If I knew you back then I would've probably thought of you as a nice guy. I'm sorry if I broke your heart."

"What? That sucks. But can you give me a chance to..."

"I'm dying, okay?" I cut him off.

"What?" He said looking confused.

"I am dying in five months, that's why I wanted to talk to you to say sorry because I don't wanna die before being able to speak for myself. I'm dying and I want everything to be fine before I leave."

"Why is it so easy for you to say? That you're dying? Do you know how much this is for me? And for all the people who love you?" He says, his voice filled with sadness.

So he loves me? OMG.

"So what I am I supposed to do? Cry everytime I realize that I'm dying? That's the last thing you would want to do if you knew you were dying. I would love to live, trust me. I just don't want people to die with me by showing them that I'm sad about me dying."

He walks over to me and wipes the tears that I didn't know was running down my cheeks. He hugs me and if I'm not mistaken, he's crying as well.