Chapter Twenty-Nine

(Friendly reminder that any activities between Leo and Shawn are always safe and consensual)

"I think I would like to call Victor. If he...would be up for it." Shawn spoke softly as he sat across from Jessie, toying with his fingers. This was their third meeting, and each time, she had been kind, encouraging even. They had moved on from the nasty things that had happened to Shawn with Chance, though she had made it clear that he could always feel welcome to share.

The idea Shawn had to speak with Victor had been pestering his mind for some time now. Nearly two years had passed since he had been with Victor. He was now in a healthy relationship with Leo, and he was happy. Victor also seemed to be in his own, happy relationship with multiple men. The idea was still shocking to Shawn, but he accepted it with the knowledge that it was hardly his business.

He and Leo were getting along well, each day easier than the last. The medicine Jessie prescribed had helped with his nightmares, though sometimes he still found it hard to sleep. Those nights, Leo was always more than happy to hold him close. Sometimes, he would read a book to him. Others, he would tell himself stories or they would play games on their phones.

Shawn had also discovered more about Leo's past. It seemed that it was hardly different from his own. Leo did not have a healthy home life, and it developed anger issues in him young. Unlike Shawn, Leo found a way to let his feelings out without causing harm to others.

"What are you going to say to him?" Jessie sounded intrigued, her head tilting curiously as Shawn colored his picture. She had invested in colored pencils and an adult coloring book for him, something Shawn had been relieved by. It certainly did make it easier to distract himself.

"I would like to... invite him and his... significant others out for a double date. Actually, would it be a double date at that point." Shawn's brows pinched together before he cleared his throat.
"Not the point. I would like to see if he would be up for meeting with me."

"And you understand that he may refuse?"

"Yes." Shawn released a low sigh, pausing in his coloring to look to her.
"I think Cade would refuse before he could. I just... I would like to offer. It's been a while, and I miss him. It's not like I would miss Leo, just... I was with him for a while."

"I think it would be worth a shot." Jessie offered with a kind smile. Shawn nodded slowly, placing his crayon down.

"Leo is worried that it would upset me." He explained.

"I can see why he might think that. You loved Victor."

"And now I love Leo. Victor never could have given me what I needed. I understand that now. What I needed... was someone who could handle me. It was somebody who would love me through all of my flaws. Leo is who I needed." Shawn grunted lowly, shrugging his shoulders the slightest bit.

"Then tell him that." Jessie stated matter-of-factly.
"And be sure to tell me in our next session how it goes."

That was how they ended their session, and Shawn found himself on the back of Leo's motorcycle. He wound his arms tightly around him, resting his head on his back. As they approached a light, Leo slowed and reached back to place his palm on Shawn's leg.

"Good?"

"Yeah." Shawn was thankful Leo seemed to check on him frequently with the bike. Though he was proud to admit that he had grown accustomed to the vehicle. When they arrived home, he climbed off and allowed Leo to remove his helmet for him as he always did.
"Thank you."

Shawn grinned at Leo as they entered the house. He grimaced when both of the dogs ran up to them, barking excitedly. However, he did not shy away, carefully pressing his palm to the top of their heads. The dogs seemed more than eager to nudge under his hand, one even licking him, which had him grimacing with distaste. Leo let out a low snort, rolling his eyes as he rubbed each dog's head before putting his helmet and gloves up.