Chapter 26: Not Alone Anymore

⚠️TW: self harm⚠️

"Hey kid, when did you get here?" Tony asks.

"A few minutes ago" Peter lies as he enters the lab and plumps himself onto his chair.

It's a lie and Peter knows it. He tried to figure out what's going on upstairs in his room just to end up cutting. He won't tell Tony that though because he promised he'd come to Tony next time and he didn't...again.

"What are you working on?" Peter wonders.

"Friday and I'm....done" Tony claims. "Hey Fri, everything good? Received my new updates?"

"Yes, everything is running smoothly and I see your new changes and updates" Friday confirms.

"What updates?" Peter questions.

"New protocols for the interns downstairs. They know not to bother her unless for an emergency but some of them have gotten lazy and are missing due dates. Pepper doesn't want to fire them but she will if they don't pick up the slack so now Friday reminds everyone when they have exactly twenty-four hours left to finish up their project" Tony slightly lies.

In truth, he had already done that hours ago. He was just making sure Friday got his new changes to the sensory overload protocol and made sure everything was going to run smoothly. In order to do all that, Friday was already on the protocol while Peter came home.

It's why Peter was able to cut without Tony knowing. The protocol was already activated and Tony didn't confirm the new changes. Peter doesn't know that though. All he knows is that he probably forgot to turn the protocol off.

"Is Mj and Ned here?" Peter wonders.

"You didn't come back with them?" Tony questions.

"I kind of left early" Peter shrugs.

"I don't know, Fri?" Tony asks.

"Neither of them are in the building but Happy just left to pick them up" Friday answers.

"So, how did the sleepover go? Did that bully show?" Tony wonders.

"Yeah but he wasn't doing anything so it was fine" Peter claims.

"Still don't like him" Tony states.

"It's fine Mr. Stark" Peter assures.

"Want to help finish that bot friend for Dum-E and U?" Tony suggests.

"Yes!" Peter eagerly nods, getting up from his chair.

🕷

Not much happened the rest of the day, it's now the middle of night. He for some reason doesn't end up telling Tony or anyone that he got swept into a portal that didn't belong to Dr. Strange.

The thought has been gnawing him away though. He's now up just thinking about the strangeness of it all. 

"Friday, where has Dr. Strange been today?" Peter asks.

"Dr. Strange has been on a mission for a few days, I don't know when he'll be back" Friday answers. "You have school in the morning, you should get some sleep."

Peter nods his head but doesn't say anything. He grabs one of his notebooks he has in his backpack and adds onto his list of these villains.

Despite Peter not wanting to think about it...Aunt May was their first victim. Then it was Dennis Carradine. He doesn't know when they'll take another life or what their motive is. Dennis said these people are smart and secretive.

There has been no activity in that warehouse. There's only been two cops ever patrolling that area anymore. It'll be soon that they'll stop patrolling there and leave it up to the caution tape and security cameras.