𝟎𝟒𝟔 ― gizmo

LASWELL'S BROWS raise slightly, the corner of her mouth twitching to fight a smile

"You mean that?" she asks Ellie, stepping closer to her. "You love Gh-,"

Ellie's hands shoot out to stop her from saying his name, eyes widening as she whispers, "No, no! Don't say that."

Laswell laughs smally. "What? But you just said-,"

"I know what I said, Kate," Ellie sighs. "But if you say it, it just makes it more real. And... I'm not trying to run him off. Especially after the emotional roller coaster I just put him through. I'm just thankful he's not breaking up with me."

"I wanted to ask you about that," she replies. "Last I heard, Price said that Ghost wanted some time away from you. Then the next thing I know, he's calling me. Asking me what he can do to get you some relief." Laswell smiles. "I was glad to hear him ask that. I knew then you'd both be fine."

"I still can't believe he did that for me."

"I can." When Ellie looks at her in confusion, Laswell explains, "Ellison, I've gotten the feeling very early on there would be something to happen between the two of you. I told Price this. I felt like it was just a matter of time."

"But why?"

"Ghost talks about you more than you realize."

Ellie looks over at him as he stands with the others, eyes softening as she watches him. "Even when he hated me?"

"He's never hated you."

Those words make Ellie look at Laswell as she adjusts the beanie she's wearing, casually fixing it as she just reveals key information to Ellie. Price calls out and tells them to group up. Laswell raises her finger in the air, signaling one more minute.

"You better run on the helo and get situated. There's a small cabin, be quick. I put some isopropyl alcohol in there to disinfect your hands when you're done," Laswell explains, patting Ellie's shoulder as she walks to the group. 

Ellie hurriedly gets her supplies in order and washes her hands, jogging to the group. Soap quirks his eyebrow and she shakes her head at him sheepishly. It's embarrassing enough for her to be having these issues and now they're all decked out in white. She hopes no accidents happen.

"Alright, listen up," Price orders, getting everyone's attention. "The convoy will be passing over the frozen lake in about thirty minutes. Soap, Gaz and I are gearing up to go under, set the C4, and sink the convoy. If Makarov is in one of those vehicles, I want him. Got it?" Everyone agrees. "Ghost and Farah — you two are my best snipers. I want you on the hill with sights on our target. We need to know which car he's in if he's even in one. Nik, you're our ride. In and out." Price looks around at the group, asking, "Are the roles clear?"