Prologue

March 3rd, 2023

Taylor lay quietly in bed staring up at the ceiling. She had just finished several team meetings about the Eras Tour film. There was only one problem, she couldn't decide on a director. She knew tons of directors but she couldn't decide who she wanted to direct a film on such an important part of her career. And more importantly, who would be able to do a good job.

She had thought about Sam Wrench. Several people on her creative team had suggested him. But she wasn't sure. She thought about her All to Well short film. She wished there were more female directors out there for her to ask. She knew Greta couldn't do it even though she had told her that she would love to try directing a live performance, and there weren't any other female directors who really specialized in live performances.

Her phone buzzed on the bedside table.

Mom: I just watched this movie and I'm absolutely sobbing

Taylor: what? What movie?

Mom: Thin Blue Lines

Taylor: Oh my god, you watched it! I love that movie!

Mom: ...are you okay? It's so sad!

Taylor: yeah but it's so good! so well written and cinematic.

Mom: Am I speaking with director Taylor now?

Taylor: Haha. But it's true. You know there's a second one right?

Mom: What?! NO! I can't take anymore!

Taylor: ...Maybe for another night...

Mom: Is it about the same characters?

Taylor: Yeah, takes place five years later I think. It's directed by Tessa Hall

Mom: Do I know her?

Taylor: She's the one in Wonderland

Mom: I thought that was Greta Gerwig?

Taylor: Yeah, it was directed by Greta Gerwig. Tessa Hall is the one who plays Alice.

Mom: Give me a second I'm googling it...doesn't that make her like eleven?

Taylor: Yeah?

Mom: I feel like I recognize her

Taylor: Well she's been in a bunch of stuff

Mom: She was in Friends! Well, the reboot.

Taylor: Yeah mom, I know...

Mom: Did you know she has her own production company?

Taylor: Uhuh

Mom: She also has 4 Emmys

Taylor: Yup, I know

Mom: And two Oscars...

Taylor: ...

Mom: Oh! Taylor, did you know that she directed the second movie for Thin Blue Lines and they're nominated for 14 oscars this year?!

Taylor: Mom, I was literally the one to tell you that she directed that movie!

Mom: Wow, she's really talented... You should just ask her to direct the Eras Tour movie.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

here we go again.