Chapter Ten: And So The Plan Failed Miserably

Scaramouche

"So." The Morning Star says. "You know this child?"

In a moment of instinct, I pull Freminet into a hug.

"Tell your brother I say hi." I tell him.

Freminet nods.

"Of course." He says.

"This is Freminet. He's my friend's son, I guess you could call him." I say.

"Well isn't that...a coincidence." The Morning Star says.

"Anyways. I take it Arlecchino sent you here?” I ask.

Freminet nods.

"That's right. Father told me to make sure you're safe." Freminet says.

Hm.

If Arlecchino knew I was going to be here before anything actually happened to me, that means either Dottore is watching everything I'm going through with a bucket of popcorn, or Columbina is getting involved.

And both of those thoughts are horrible.

"Well then. That means I can go now. Please stay safe, Master Scaramouche." Freminet says.

"You still don't have to call me that." I say.

Freminet quickly leaves without another word.

"Well. What now?" I ask the Morning Star.

"Well, who do you want to rescue first? The white haired kid or the burgundy haired kid?" He asks.

"Well, Heizou...Mr. Pomegranate head...was taken by the Shogun, who as far as I know has no intent to kill him..." I say, choosing my words carefully. "Whereas Kazuha is in immediate danger."

"So white haired kid." The Morning Star says.

I nod.

I'm sorry Heizou, but for Kazuha's sake I'm going to have to temporarily trust mother when she says she has no intent to hurt you.

"You said even you can't beat the person who kidnapped Kazuha, right? So how do you expect us to get him back?" I ask.

The Morning Star winks, but since he has an eyepatch it's technically a blink.

"I can't beat her in direct combat, but I can outsmart her!" The Morning Star says proudly.

"You mean Makii and Zero can outsmart her." A voice says from behind us.

I jump to see the dark red haired man from before, Akari I think.

"Oh? Did Zee come up with a plan already?" The Morning Star asks.

"First off he told you not to call him that, secondly, yes, thirdly, Makii isn't coming, she said she has something way more important to do." Akari days.

"Of course she does. You know, I could have convinced her to help us anyways." The Morning Star.

"Doesn't matter now, does it? Anyways, as soon as you're ready we can go do this, I want to make this a quick as possible." Akari says.