523

523. Soul Technique (1)

Bai Chenxing looked at Mu Chen and asked, "Is your cultivation stable now?"

Mu Chen nodded, confidently smiled, and said, "Almost."

Mu Chen had already advanced to Martial Saint a few days ago. Mu Chen advanced at the Bai Family's sacrificial altar, and most of the thunder tribulation's might was concealed by the altar's formation.

Mu Chen's promotion was the highest secret of the Bai Family, known only by a few people.

Bai Chenxing looked at Mu Chen with a worried expression and said, "After you advance to Martial Saint, you meet the requirements for being possessed by a Martial Sage. If the Fate Clan finds out, those old guys won't be able to restrain themselves from targeting you. The Pill Tower has two map fragments, meaning they have ten spots. There will definitely be members of the Fate Clan among them."

Mu Chen smiled, a hint of sinister intent flash in his eyes, "I know. I'm waiting for them to possess me."

Bai Chenxing furrowed his brows and said, "I know you have your own plans, but regardless, you should still be more cautious."

The jade slip given by Lie Xingtian not only contained the recipe for the Spirit Returning Pill, but also a soul-snatching technique, specifically studying the application of soul power and the snatching of others' souls.

In general, it is quite difficult to seize someone else's soul power. However, if the other party intentionally separates their soul from their body and attempts to possess another body, for Mu Chen, who has cultivated the soul-snatching technique, it's like sending a lamb into a tiger's mouth.

Bai Chenxing furrowed his brows and said, "You should still be more cautious."

Mu Chen smiled confidently and calmly said, "I know what to do. If they doesn't provoke me, I won't act recklessly."

Bai Chenxing nodded and said, "That's good."

Mu Chen hesitated for a moment and asked, "Did we find out anything about Ling Chuan?"

"I asked Yanxing, and it should be him. However, Ling Chuan has not exposed his relationship with Qu Kun," Bai Chenxing said casually.

Mu Chen felt much relieved in his heart. As long as Ling Chuan didn't say anything, it should be difficult for others to guess that Ling Chuan and Qu Kun had a relationship. After all, one was from the outer domain, and the other was from the Zhongzhou. The two of them were worlds apart.

If Ling Chuan could stand on their side, then they would have an additional ally.

"The Spirit Clan talked to me again," Mu Chen frowned and said.

Bai Chenxing's face turned cold as he asked, "What do they want?"

Mu Chen shrugged his shoulders and said lightly, "They want a spot to enter the secret realm."

Bai Chenxing's face remained stern as he said, "Ignore them."

Although Qu Kun had the bloodline of the Spirit Clan, it was only a branch bloodline and didn't have a deep connection with the current generation of the Spirit Clan. Their relationship with the Spirit Clan was purely for mutual benefits, and since it was a matter of interest, fairness should be considered. Obviously, the Spirit Clan was taking advantage and they weren't satisfied yet.

Mu Chen nodded and said, "I know..." Qu Quan wanted Qu Kun's spot, it was a joke. Qu Kun was Bai Chenxing's father-in-law and Ling Chuan's lover! His spot was not something that could be easily taken away.

"Qu Quan seems to be a seventh-grade senior alchemist," Bai Chenxing said.

Mu Chen furrowed his brows. No wonder Qu Quan was so desperate for the spot. The Alchemy Palace Ruins were a great opportunity for alchemists!

...

In the Spirit Tower, Qu Kun murmured to himself.

"Damn him, I want him to suffer," Qu Kun said fiercely.

Ye Shi blinked his eyes as he looked at Qu Kun and said, "Grandpa, it's better to resolve conflicts than hold grudges. Even if you don't want to be with him, there's no need to constantly think about killing him!"

Qu Kun furrowed his brows and looked at Ye Shi with displeasure. "What did he give you? You keep speaking up for him."

Ye Shi smiled awkwardly and said, "He didn't give me anything. Grandpa, why don't you try some dried meat? It tastes really good!"

Qu Kun said angrily, "All you think about is eating!"

Ye Shi innocently said, "But the taste is really good."

Qu Kun: "..."

...

A few days later, representatives from the four forces of Alchemy Tower, Alchemy Valley, Alchemy Weapon Pavilion, and the Bai family gathered on Ming Feng Island to discuss the opening of the secret realm.

When Bai Chenxing and others arrived, people from the other forces had already arrived.

As Mu Chen and others entered, Jing Ming and Jing Lifeng from Alchemy Weapon Pavilion smiled and nodded at them.

The other two people from Alchemy Weapon Pavilion had no response. Their last spot to enter the secret realm was given to Qu Quan.

Mu Chen frowned when he saw Qu Quan standing beside Jing Ming. The Bai family didn't agree to give Qu Quan a spot, so he went to Alchemy Weapon Pavilion.

Qu Quan was able to quickly make connections with Alchemy Weapon Pavilion, indicating that he had already been in contact with Alchemy Weapon Pavilion. This made Mu Chen think that the Spirit Clan had long planned to reenter the game.

When Qu Quan saw Bai Chenxing and others, a hint of gloom flashed in his eyes.

Mu Chen glanced at Qu Quan. As a Level 7 alchemist and a Martial Saint at the beginning stage, Qu Quan wasn't worth his attention.

Among the people from Alchemy Valley, Mu Chen only knew one person who didn't belong to Alchemy Valley - Ling Chuan.

From Alchemy Tower, there was Qiu Zhengrong, with whom Mu Chen had conflicts before. Ge Yi was also present. Next to Qiu Zhengrong was an old man in a gray robe, most likely Elder Taishang of Alchemy Tower.

Alchemy Tower was not entirely represented by its own people. There were several people clad in black robes, most likely hired mercenaries. Mu Chen was quite certain that there were members of the Fate Clan among them.

Mu Chen furrowed his brows. Although he was a Martial Saint in terms of cultivation, his spiritual power had already reached the level of Martial Sage.