Part 1

Damian

"Robin, Nightwing. I need to speak with you," Father says. I stand and walk towards him, following him into the next room.

"What is it you require, Father?" I ask.

"You and Nightwing have been threatened," Father tells us.

"How is that any different from normal?" Grayson asks.

"Because this time it was... very public. It's about maintaining our image," Father explains.

"By the Joker?"

"Yes," Father nods.

"Why are you telling us this, exactly, Father?" I ask him.

"Because, you are going to be on house arrest until this blows over."

"No. I can stop the Joker," I say.

"No, Robin. I will handle this. You, Damian and Dick, are going to be at the Wayne Manor. Robin, Nightwing and Starfire will be on a mission, just the three of you, according to everyone else."

"...Why?" Nightwing asks.

"Starfire knows your identity. She will be the one to go on a solo mission. Don't worry, it's nothing too dangerous. But the chances of her leaking your identities to the team will grow during their stay at the Manor, and we don't want to risk it until the time is right."

"Why don't we just tell the team? They're all trustworthy," Nightwing says.

"Because. I have my reasons," Father says, crossing his arms. Nightwing and I share a look, telling each other we know he's full of shit.

"Why not at least Raven? She won't tell anyone," I tell him. He shakes his head.

"No."

"Come on, B! She's become with every Robin, minus Steph, who's never met her, but the rest of them! She's literally the one who became friends with him. In his 'I'm better than everyone' phase! Hell, she's probably the reason he's not still in it!" Nightwing tells Father. I roll my eyes.

"I want to see how Raven operates when she has no ties. Whether she'll still work as hard to protect you, even if she doesn't know you're her friends."

"So this is a test?"

"Yes, and no. The whole team is there for your protection, and to help maintain our civilian cover," Father tells us.

"And the test part?"

"It's mostly to see how their detective skills are," Father admits.

Raven

After getting called to the living room for an announcement from Batman, I teleport to the kitchen and grab the big bag of kettle corn before walking into the living room, only to be stared at by the whole team and Batman himself.

"What? Your meeting doesn't have the right to interrupt my hunger," I mutter, ignoring them and sitting on the couch.

"We have a mission assignment for you. These are the Wayne's. They've received a number of death threats over the last week, because Joker has placed a bounty of 10 million dollars on them, along with a big stock of guns and weapons," Batman tells me. I manage to keep a straight face, but it's very, and I mean very, hard.

Our mission is to protect the Wayne's? AKA the Batfamily? This is going to be so, so much fun. First off, how are Dick and Damian going to be there? They can't be in two places at once.

"Nightwing, Robin, the rest of the bat vigilantes, and Starfire will be going on their own mission that takes priority."

Well, isn't that convenient. All the people who openly know who the Batfam are. So that only leaves me, Kon-El, Wally, and Roy. But the siblings don't actually know that their siblings significant others know their identities.

"But this is their city!" Garfield cries.

"Their mission requires their skills, and their skills specifically," Batman says. How stupid does he think I am?

I actually found out all of their civilian names very soon after I met them. Batman, I figured out his name in about a month, after doing some quick research, and the dots weren't that hard to connect, especially once I healed Dick that first time.

Surprisingly, they don't know I know, which is kind of embarrassing for them. Especially Batman. I mean, he calls himself the World's Best Detective. More like World's Most Oblivious Detective. I've definitely dropped some hints that I know, but he never picked up on them.

"Wait, if all of our leaders slash backup leaders are leaving, who's in charge?" I ask, realizing that Kori, Nightwing, and Robin are leaving. Normally, on the rare circumstances that both Kori and Nightwing are out, Robin takes charge, mostly because he's the one person you don't wanna make mad.

"Glad you asked," Batman says. "Because you're in charge."

I sit up, nearly choking on my popcorn.

"What?!"

"You're in charge," Batman repeats.

"Yeah, I'll pass, thanks. Jaime can be in charge."

"Nope, hermana. This is all your job. You think I wanna be in charge of these idiots?" Jaime asks, motioning to Gar, who's not paying attention, Conner, who's probably texting Luthor asking for money or planning his next piercing, Donna and Jon, who are too busy staring at each other to notice us. Fuck, the Wayne's are so going to die, and then I'm gonna get the brunt of the punishment.

"Can we call like Red Arrow or something? Maybe Kid Flash? They're both better leaders," I say.

"Actually, they are coming, but I've already informed them you're in charge," Batman tells me.

"Uh... no, thanks."

"Not up for debate. Besides, you're the one person who everyone is scared of."

"Pretty sure that's Robin. And is that supposed to make me feel better?" I snap.

"No. It's supposed to tell you, that you're the one person who people won't disobey if you're firm enough."

That sounded... so wrong. Jaime is cracking up beside me, and I glare.

"What did I say?" Batman asks, confused.