One.

stranger

◇◇◇

MIA CELESTE CAMERON

"You've been spacing out," said the person who suddenly showed up beside me; it's my only friend, Klare.

I shrugged my shoulders and fixed my posture. "Life's been stressing me out lately," I said, as if it wasn't a big deal. But, in all honesty, it is.

"What happened now?" she curiously asked, her eyes filled with concern.

I sighed.

"I'm still good; don't worry about me," I said to ease her worry. I don't want to explain any further; it will make me look even more pathetic.

I don't want my only friend to pity me; that's the worst.

"You know Jav, right?" She suddenly asked, making me turn my head to her.

Of course, I know him. He's my ex!

"What about him?"

She released a sigh. "He's bugging me to set you up with him."

I shook my head, "Don't you even dare." I glared at her, and she raised both of her hands as if surrendering.

"Chill, I didn't. I just know he's a jerk. How do you know him?"

I grimaced because of her question. I met Klare during senior high school. So, she didn't have any idea about me during junior high school.

"He's my high school ex."

She gasped. And I shook my head once again.

Si oa.

"Are you being real? You? and Jav? You must be kidding me!"

"I said what I said, Klare." I sighed.

Even I couldn't believe the fact that high school me liked that guy. Like I've said, he's an ass. An immature, selfish prick.

"Damn," she muttered in disbelief.

"Is that all that you wanted to ask?" I asked.

She blinked twice, as if she had just recovered from shock, and I could only chuckle at her reaction.

"Oh, I..." she started.

"I wanted to ask if you can come with me next month?"

"Where?"

I put my things back inside my bag since the class has already ended, and I still have a shift at 6pm so I should hurry if I want to have a quick nap.

"A concert?"

I didn't have to ask who's concert it is; I know I have to decline.

"No," I firmly said.

First of all, I don't have the money to have the luxury of attending a concert.

"It's NCT Dream!" She exclaimed, making me shake my head even more.

"Kpop?"

"Yes!"

"Then the answer is a big NO." I said, "I should go now." I bid my goodbye, but she didn't let me go.

She followed me until we got to the library where I am heading, and yes... I'm going to take a quick nap in the library. It's the only place I know that is quiet.

"But Mia, just this once, please? Besides, it's next month! AND the ticket is on me!"

I released a sigh. "No and no. Invite someone else; I have no interest in stuff like that," I said. "And can you please leave me alone?" I added.