𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. chapter twenty three

━━ chapter twenty three : aftermath

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

Lilith counted the amount of days after the "borrowing" of the dagger before all hell broke loose.

Three days.

She was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't sooner, especially considering the alarm going off and that whole ordeal. After Louis texted her that they had it, she was just relieved that they didn't get caught but for the next few days her paranoia was strong. She just kept waiting for the ball to drop - for someone to break down her door and arrest her. But that never happened.

She was laying on her bed watching TikTok, mindlessly scrolling when the news dropped and she got a panicked FaceTime call from TJ. The familar buzzing broke Lilith out of her stupor and she sat up quickly.

"Oh shit. What is he calling for?" She mumbles to herself, hastily brushing her hair with her fingers before deciding she looked somewhat presentable and accepting the call.

She smiles when TJ's face appears but it quickly vanishes when she sees the panic in his eyes, his teeth biting down on his lower lip. She frowns and a wave of uncertainty washes over it.

"TJ? What's wrong?"

The plants on her windowsill shuffle and she blocks out their gossiping whispers.

"Oh Gods- I was biking home and I passed by the road that leads to Energence and there were so many cops. They figured out we stole the dagger. I- I can't, I can't believe it. I'm going to jail oh no..." TJ explains, stuttering and bubbering out of pure anxiety.

Lilith's heart bangs in her chest at the news. The plants beside her can sense her anxiety and their whispers grow louder. Mothermothermother what is wrong? They ask. She grips her phone tighter.

"It was about time," Lilith begins carefully, her brows furrowed. "Where are you right now?"

"I just got home. But Gods, Lils. There were so many cops," He says, running an anxious shaking hand through his hair.

"It's fine. They can't have known it was us. You zapped the electrical system which shut down the cameras." She reasons in an attempt to calm him.

TJ takes a deep breath on the other side of the phone and mutters something to himself before nodding. "Yeah. You're right." That makes her feel better. "I'm just really on edge."

"Me too." She takes a look at the plants on her windowsill and sighs as the plants' whispers grow louder once again. She will come. Mothermother she searches. It made her unease intensify but shrugs their words off as nothing. "Let's just hope we have enough time to figure out how this dagger fits into everything before anyone gets caught or the search becomes too much."