Dark Clouds Overhead

It's been a few days since the insanity with Shun and Marucho, and Marduk's been busy. He mostly wanted to take a break from worrying about Earth's safety and paint Vladitor, but that's now drying in his room, so he's instead spending some time with the other two human Darkus brawlers who actually have Bakugan.

They're in Wardington, of course, and are all in the main park. Alice remembers this place, not too fondly, but that was where her first real brawl was against Rabeeder. It was scary, yes, but she won, which is what matters to her in the end.

As Marduk stares at the fountain, his gaze transfixed on the fancy statue set into the center, Alice nods at it, a somewhat wistful frown on her face.

"...so, Sirenoid was basically unable to attack, thanks to this being the only source of water. Klaus had to get really creative."

"Hehe, guess that's something he couldn't solve by throwing money at it."

"Be nice, Marduk! He's... um, a nice man, I'm sure. We just saw him at his worst under that Negative Energy."

Marduk pokes at his nose ring a little, and Penny glares at him, so he slowly lowers his hand.

"Don't do that, it'll get-"

"Infected, yes, I know, geez, you sound like my aunt."

Alice crosses her arms and shoots Marduk a very serious look.

"Penny has a point. Your piercings and earrings are very nice, however. I wish I could pull a nose piercing off like that..."

"Would prof even let you get one?"

Alice gives Marduk a smirk as she sits at the fountain's edge, her legs crossed.

"I'm 16, I have a lot more independence than 3 years ago."

Marduk rolls his eyes, although that doesn't really hide his chuckle at all.

"Yeah, so get one."

"...but I'm worried it'll look dumb. I don't have the personality to pull a nose ring off."

You need to have a certain personality to pull a nose ring off? Geez, Marduk should take notes. Haha. Marduk idly twirls a lock of hair for a moment.

"Well, here's a better question: it kinda hurts to have your nose pierced at first, are you ok with that?"

He's asking the girl who's friends with a massive hydra, which feels a little dumb. However, she shrugs instead.

"I mean... I don't know? I've cut my finger sometimes, because cooking can be..."

"Dangerous...? Um...?"

Alice narrows her eyes at Penny.

"You haven't cut carrots, and it shows."

"I-I have! I just don't cut my finger."

Alice huffs a little and leans back, brushing some of her hair over her shoulder.

"...maybe it's just a me issue, then."

Penny shakes her head.

"Maybe you're just thinking about it too hard. Like, I haven't gotten my ears pierced because I don't like the thought of, like, someone sticking me with a needle. With how many times I've seen Leonidas get hit with sharp objects, I... don't wanna know how that'd feel."

"Hmm. I suppose that's a fair idea, thank you, Penny."

Marduk grins a little. At least Penny's still at it with the actually reasonable ideas.

"So..."

They all sit down at a handful of fancy benches. Marduk crosses his arms and legs as Penny curls up a little in her seat. Alice folds her hands in her lap, smoothing her skirt out a bit.