Eleanor~21/06/15

Nerd date.

Curled up on my sofa, watching Lord Of The Rings. He's slumped, spaced out, on the second cushion. I clutch a cushion to my chest and devour the rest of my chocolate wand, one of the dozen wands I got from Harry Potter Studios. The chocolate feels warm, soothing in my mouth. But not as hot as things are getting in here.

He leans his staff against the sofa arm, that staff I found on Amazon and kindly gave to him. He leans forward, expression intense, the muscles in his floppy arms non-existent. He keeps his eyes fixed on the screen, swallows the last of his pot noodle, and mutters goodbye to Gandalf. I mutter goodbye with him. Tasting the words we share.

Clonk! And the staff falls, hitting my toe. I lean down to retrieve it, and so does he. As we sit up, are faces are close. So close I feel his breath on my skin, the prawn cocktail crisps working their magic. I lift my hand to shift my hair from my face. And that's when we touch. For less than a second, we touch. The sweat from his skin sends a shudder through me, the heat in the spot we touch swallowing my body whole. I've never really considered how he looks up close-eyes magnified by geeky glasses, careful eyes sea green with flecks of gold. His hair is messy, but cute. He has clean fingernails. I suppose that's not really something I would be expected to notice. Is it?

I feel like I'm frozen in time. It's so...weird...I find myself thinking about his lips, and how they might feel, and if I even want to know the answer. We've been spending a lot of time together. I only just realised why.

He begins to lean in closer, and I let him. I close my eyes, brace myself for the kiss. Slowly, I lift my hand to cradle his face, the soft face I started to dream about.

And that's when I hit him with the staff.