You're Not Alone

Stan stared blankly at his phone the next morning with tears streaming down his cheeks. How could Craig find out so easily and his friends still don't even know? 

I know you're depressed. -Craig

Stan was so confused and shocked, he didn't even text Craig back that night. Instead, he stares at that message like a dumb ass, thinking how Craig could possibly figure Stan out.

He felt a little tinge of hope, but that was shot down when he realized this is Craig Tucker; the boy he never got a long with in his childhood and the one who doesn't like anybody except his three friends. Why would he even give a shit about Stan now? 

Not only that, but he has a reputation to uphold. Outside, he's the girl chasing, easy going, happy-go-lucky, football star with a functional family. He needed to keep that reputation. 

He locked his phone, and proceeded to leave the house and went to his car. His dad had washed the windshield off for him, and when Randy asked about it, Stan told him it was a prank and let it slide. If Shelly found out he had told their father, Stan wouldn't be alive. 

He started up his car, and made it to the school safe and sound. He got out of his car and was shocked when he saw Craig next to him, getting out of his car at the same time.

That's weird.  Stan thought, as he gave Craig a small smile and tried to walk ahead. Craig, however, grabbed Stan by the arm and yanked him back. 

"Gah! Dude, what the f-" before Stan finished, a car sped past them. Stan's heart pounded at the realization he almost got hit.

"O-oh...um. Thanks?" Stan said awkwardly, not meaning for it to sound more like a question. Craig scowled at the asshole who almost hit two more people in the parking lot.

"Fucking idiot." Craig groaned. He looked down at Stan, and punched him in the arm.

"And you watch where you're going! You almost got hit!" Craig yelled. Stan rubbed his arm in pain and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Stan tried to walk ahead of Craig, but Craig caught up fast. 

Goddamn those long legs... 

"I wanted to talk to you." Craig said, in his usual monotone voice. Stan knew what was coming and felt his anxiety increase, but played it cool.

"Oh? About what?" Stan said cooly. Craig glared at him as they walked into the school.

"You know what, asshole. Why didn't you text me back after I said I knew you were-" Stan's eyes grew wide and covered Craig's mouth with his hand before he could finish.

"Dude shut the fuck up! We're in the school now..." Stan said frantically. Craig looked surprised at the sudden personality switch, but then raised a brow. He grabbed Stan's hand and pushed it away.

"So I'm right then?" Craig said. Stan mentally face-palmed. He gave himself away! 

"N-no! You're not! I'm fine! I'm happy!" Stan said, trying to defend himself. Craig crossed his arms and leaned in close to his face, noses inches a part. Stan blushed, looking down at Craig's nose and back up at Craig with wide eyes. 

"Liar." Craig said, backing away again. Stan's face fell. How could he give himself away that easily? What' wrong with him? Craig could sense Stan's emotions, and sighed, bringing a hand up to his forehead.

"Listen," he started "my parents are going to be gone all day working and they won't be back until late tonight. Come over." He said. Stan looked at him, baffled.