Part-14

The sun beat down on the outdoor basketball court as Jeno, Mark, Heeseung, Jisung, Chenle, and a few more friends engaged in a heated game of basketball. Laughter and banter filled the air as they dribbled, passed, and shot hoops, the sound of sneakers squeaking against the pavement accompanying each move.

Jeno, with his characteristic competitive spirit, led the charge, driving toward the hoop with determination. Mark, known for his agility and speed, weaved through the defense effortlessly, setting up scoring opportunities for their team. Heeseung, displaying his sharp shooting skills, sunk three-pointers from the perimeter, adding valuable points to their score.

As the game progressed, the players grew sweaty and tired, signaling it was time for a break. They gathered around the sidelines, panting and wiping sweat from their brows, the basketball resting at their feet.

"That was intense," Jisung exclaimed, gulping down water from his bottle.

Chenle nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but it was fun. Hyung, we should do this more often." Chenle was overjoyed to finally get the opportunity to play a serious round with the pro team, all thanks to Jisung.

The conversation shifted to the upcoming match against the HYBE basketball team, a rival team known for their formidable skills and competitive spirit.

"I heard the HYBE team has been training non-stop," Mark commented, leaning against the fence. "They're going to be tough to beat."

Heeseung nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah, they're definitely not going to go easy on us."

Jeno, ever the strategist, spoke up. "We know their strengths and weaknesses. Let's focus on exploiting their weaknesses and playing to our strengths. We've got this."

After a brief break, they resumed practicing basketball for several more intense minutes before ultimately deciding to call it a day.

As they grab their belongings, Mark sidles up to Jeno and kicks off a casual chat. "So, spill the tea, how's it going with the cheerleader?" Mark's playful question immediately catches Heeseung's attention, prompting him to discreetly eavesdrop on the conversation.

Jeno chuckles at Mark's question, shooting him a knowing grin. "Oh, you know how it is. Just taking it one step at a time," he replies nonchalantly, though a hint of excitement flickers in his eyes.

Heeseung, unable to contain his curiosity, subtly edges closer to catch snippets of their conversation.

Mark raises an eyebrow teasingly. "One step at a time, huh? So, any progress on winning her over?"

Jeno shrugs, a playful smirk playing on his lips. "Well, let's just say I'm laying down the charm pretty thick. But you know THE Yu Jimin, she's not one to fall for just any smooth talker."

Heeseung's interest piques at the mention of Jimin's name, and he leans in a little closer, pretending to tie his shoelace as he listens intently.

Mark nods in understanding. "Yeah, she's definitely got some standards. But hey, if anyone can win her over, it's you, bro."

Jeno grins appreciatively, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Thanks, man. I appreciate the vote of confidence."

"Let's make sure Jaemin doesn't have the last laugh," Mark suggests, grabbing his backpack and picking up the basketball.

"Don't worry, I'm not planning on losing any bets," Jeno states, casting a quick glance at Heeseung.

"A bet?" Heeseung whispers, then looks up at Jeno, worried if he heard him.

In fact, Jeno has already noticed Heeseung's subtle interest in their conversation. With a playful glint in his eye, he casually glances back at Heeseung, catching his eye and offering a knowing smirk before turning his attention back to Mark.