chap 17

since i really just had nothing to do, i had to go to my last resort. getting ready for absolutely nothing.

doing my makeup and getting in full glam is actually fun to do when you're extremely bored, but the downside is it makes me feel pathetic. and its also a pain to take off.

like halfway through doing it i'll think to myself, "why am i even putting this on? just to go through the trouble of taking it off?" and then i just kind of sit there and stare at myself in the mirror.

this time, though, i was determined to not let those thoughts get to me and finish the look. i had already finished my makeup, and was onto my hair.

a lot of people actually argue the order in which a girl should get ready, but i am a firm believer than hair goes LAST. thats partly because my hair doesnt hold curls well so i want to do it as late as i can so they last for as long as they can.

but still like, hair completes the outfit. its the final puzzle piece to an outstanding look, which is why you should save the best for last.

anyways, that was extremely off topic. back to the task at hand. at the moment, i looked like a fool i cant lie. its a mandatory step in the curling hair process though, so i dont really mind. that look when you have your hair put up into insane little sections that makes you look like some lady gaga hairstyle gone wrong.

good thing is, im 75% done with curling all my hair! like of course the hair is the best part of the fit like i said, but doing it is excruciating. i swear i burn so many calories in the positions my arms go to curl my hair.

in the middle of curling a strand, i hear my phone vibrate next to me. i have it set to only vibrate when someone texts me, so thats how i know someone dmed me. do i check it though? absolutely not. the person who texted me just now will have to understand that i am working on a very important task at hand.

not thinking much about the notification, i continue curling my hair. when im about 90% done 10 minutes later, someone CALLS me. like, are you actually serious. of all times.

i was honestly just planning to ignore it, but the sound of my ringtone and the vibrations came too much to bear after a solid 15 seconds.

annoyed, i just hit the accept button on my phone, not even bothering to see who it is.

"hello?" i greet, irritation rolling off of me.

"um, hello? whats with the attitude?" a familiar voice responds.

i fight the urge to groan after hearing the voice. how does this man manage to always call me at the worst times possible?

"im doing something very important and i did not want to be disturbed." i state while rolling my eyes as if he could see me.

"girl. what could possibly be SOOO important?? more important than me??" haechan exclaims.

"uhm, any number of things in fact."

"okay well whatever. but you werent answering my text, i just resorted to this." haechan replies.

"no way your text was THAT important. if somebody didnt die im blocking you."

"do i mean that little to you?"

"yeah, honestly."

"okay fuck you like forreal i never even liked you anyways."

"classic line from a man!"

"didnt you say i was one of the girls?"

"uhm. no. i didnt."

"you said i had a feminine aura."

"that and being one of the girls is not the same thing. haechan you said you love the patriarchy, you are not one of the girls.."