Chapter 5

Emily's pov: We walked out the door arm in arm. I still couldn't believe Sam pottorff spent the night at my house. I haven't fangirled around him yet. But when he left I went nuts. I screamed and jumped around my room like a 2 year old. I walked over to the passenger seat of his car. I was about to open the door when Sam walked over and opened it for me. "Why thank you"
"Anytime" Sam smiled. He ran over and hopped into the side of his car.
"So why did you come out to San Clemente?"
"My mom thought we needed a change and was always saying how she was happy back in Michigan."
"You lived and Michigan?!"
"Yeah, why?"
"No reason that's just REALLY far away"
"I know, but my mom wanted to be far away from there and my dad"
"What's your dad do?"
"Well" I said putting my head down "he used to abuse my mom."
"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know.
"No it's fine" I said with a fake small smile.
"No it's not"
"I know" but what can I do?" I asked shrugging
"Nothing really."
"Different subject!"
"Okay" he said laughing. As we pulled into a frozen yogurt place.
"Oh yea! We were going on a date today" I said laughing hysterically. "Sorry I forgot" I said with puppy dog eyes.
"It's fine" he chuckled. We walked inside and grabbed 2 cups. I walked around looking at all the different flavors. I decided to get white chocolate moose with those little bead looking things that exploded juice. Sam got birthday cake with some fruit on top. We went over and Sam paid for it. I offered to pay for myself but he insisted. We walked over and sat down in these little circle chairs. He sat there and ate in silence. It wasn't really that awkward, actually it was kinda nice. We walked out and it was about 2. "What do you wanna do now?" Sam asked.
"We could go to the beach! I haven't been yet"
"Okay then, the beach it is!"
"Alright but can we go to my house really quick so I can grab my bathing suit?"
"Of course, I have to get mine too."
"Alright" I said as we pulled out of the froyo place. We stopped at my house first. Sam waited in the car and I ran upstairs. I wasn't planning on going to the beach so I quickly applied my water proof mascara. I walked to my closet to grab a bag but heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Sam?" I hollered. No reply. I walked to the window and saw Sam still stop there waiting. I began to panic. I went to my closet and grabbed a bottle of perfume. I know its sounds stupid but when you don't have pepper spray or anything to hit someone with, it's better than nothing. The footstep became louder and louder until they stopped at my door. They walked in my room and looked very dirty. Kind of like a homeless person. They slowly began to walk over to my jewelry box. They opened it and smiled. "jackpot" they grinned. I took the top off my perfume bottle so I could dump it in there eyes if they came to the closet. They grabbed my gold ring that I got for my 13th birthday. I pulled my phone out and texted Sam.
Emily: there's some1 in my room.
Sam:I'll be up.
SAMs pov:
I opened the garage door and grabbed a metal purple softball bat. I went on the house and slowly walked up the stairs. I got to Emily's room and peeked in. I didn't see her but I saw a oldish man who was dirty. He shut the box and began walking towards the door. I moved to the side where he couldn't see me and stood waiting for him to come out. The door began to open and he walked out. I took the bat and hit him right in the stomach... Then I noticed it was...
______________________________
Cliff-hanger! Sorry not sorry!😉😉 stay tuned for the next chapter! Thanks for reading! Bye lovlies💟-Lizzie💞