Awareness - Chapter 2

Slowly I open my eyes to see a small dim light to the right of me.

Where am I?
...
...
...

Realisation had hit, my eyes go wide and I sit up from the bed.

"Crap"
I sit there looking around with my stomach turning

Why is it so dark?
Did everyone leave?
Where is everyone?
Where's my mum?...

Did I just sleep in at an IKEA??
————————————————

I look at my surroundings and slowly leave the bed, it is as quiet as ever as I could hear my breath cut out in nervousness.

Even without shoes my steps are loud.

I stress while having trouble putting on my green lowland Vans, almost tripping in the midst of it.

My pitch black hair dangling in front of my face
making me push it behind my ear.
Every now and then I hear a faint mumble of speech, I couldn't tell what it said but I was smart enough to stay away from that continuous noise.

Walking through the continuous aisle of shelves with boxes and wooden panels I can see countless employees with uniform walking slowly in the distance.

"Excuse me the store is now closed, please exit the building"

I look behind me.

*THUMP*

"AGHH"

I get pushed down by what seems to be an employee, yet..they're faceless..Tall and lanky.

I crawl backwards but the employee reaches for me so I close my eyes ready for serious impact.

*WHAM*
*SLAM*
"ARGHH"

Who is that? I didn't say that?
Wait..If I didn't feel anything on my body then whats happening now

I crack my eyes open to see the employee who tried to kill me on the floor..And a girl?

I watch as she strangles and tapes the employees head and hands on the floor.
The employee tries to reach for her head but she uses her foot to step on the faceless employees hand.

The employee begins to weaken and slowly pass out.
A breath of nervousness comes out of her.

She looks at me instantly and runs to me in a panic state.

"HEY? You good?"
Her voice was full of concern and relief as she grabbed of the hem of my shirt analysing my face for any injuries

I look at her back identifying her features.

Black braided hair, dark skin and dark green eyes.
I can see a scratch and a few bruises underneath her right eye.

"Hello?"
she asked again to which I reply.

"Yeah uh..Im fine but how about you?"

She looked at me and blinked

she doesn't answer my question yet says

"How did you get here?"

I was hesitant to tell but the way she looked at me gave me signs to do so.

"I accidentally slept..On this bed waiting for my mum and uhh I think I overslept quite a bit..I know it seems weird and I think I am going crazy, I don't even know why I am here and where I am. I just wanna go home and-"
At this point in frantically looking around.
The mysterious girl touches my shoulder with her hand tightly

"Hey, hey... it's fine..look I'll tell you whats happening tomorrow but let me take you to some shelter first alright? Get some rest there and I can fill you in on what's happening"

I'm staring at the floor but I nod as she pulls me up and holds my arm to walk me to the base.
———————————————————-