𓆩ᥫ𝟏𝟐᭡𓆪

𓆩︶꒦꒷ꨄ︎꒷꒦︶𓆪

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈Umeko hummed as she sat on the futon

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Umeko hummed as she sat on the futon. Sakura and Kakashi had gone out to look for Naruto and Sasuke since theyd been gone for a while. Umeko opted to stay in the house, practicing her balance more. She kept a level head as she felt the energy inside her swirl in synergy, humming a small tune to keep herself steady.

“Umeko! Its dinner!” Sakura called from downstairs, Umeko hummed, getting up from the futon and walking down the stairs. She sat in one of the chairs, frowning when she noticed neither Sasuke, nor Naruto was there. “You guys didnt find them?” Umeko meekly asked. Sakura sighed and shook her head, “No… I hope there okay. I mean i expect Naruto to be late, but Sasuke?” Sakura sighed.

Just as they were about to eat the door bust open. Naruto and Sasuke limping in while supporting eachother on their arms. “What were you two up to?” Tazuna asked, “You look like something the cat dragged in.” He chuckled. Naruto smiled, giggling a bit. “We both made it! We climbed all the way to the top! Kakashi smiled, “Good. Now we move on. Starting tomorrow youre both bodyguards for Tazuna.” Kakashi smiled. “Alright-!” Naruto cheered, falling backwards from exhaustion

The group started eating, Naruto and Sasuke joining them at the table. It didnt take long for all the food to be gone, clearly the two boys were on the brink of starving to death. It didnt suprise Umeko, they had been missing all day!

“In a few more days the bridge will be finished. I have you to thank for that.” Tazuna sighed. “Youve all done great, but youve got to be careful!” Tsunami insisted. “Ive been meaning to ask you this but i havent gotten the chance until now.” Tazuna sighed, “Why did you stay and keep on protecting me after I lied to bring you here?” Tazuna asked, looking up towards Kakashi. “Those who stray from the path of justice have no courage, but under the wing of a strong leader cowardice cannot survive.” Kakashi explained. Umeko frowned, tilting her head. She got what he was trying to say but he sounded like a bad motivational poster.

“But why…?” Inari sniffled, the group looked over to him in shock. Was he…was he crying? “Huh, What did you say?” Naruto asked, moving his head up from the table. “All this stupid training is just a waste of time! Gato’s got a whole army! Theyll beat you down and destroy you! These cool things you all say, they dont mean anything! No matter what you do, the strong always win and the weak always lose!” Inari shouted.

“Just speak for yourself!” Naruto huffed, “It wont be like that for me you hear!” Naruto insisted. “Why dont you be quiet! Just looking at you makes me sick! You dont know anything about this country, youre just butting in!” Inari cried, “Always laughing and joking around! You dont know what its like to suffer and be treated like dirt!” Inari yelled. Umeko looked towards Naruto immediately. His face darkened as he got up.

“Listen to yourself! Whining and complaining like some sorry little victim!” Naruto scoffed, Inaris breath hitched. “You can whimper all day for all i care! Youre nothing but a coward!” Naruto slammed his fists down on the table. “Naruto! That was too far!” sakura got up from her chair, looking over to Naruto. Naruto grumbled walking off in anger. “Naruto…” Sakura sighed, reaching out before stopping herself. Umeko sighed, getting up from the table, “Il go talk to him…” Umeko insisted, giving Sakura a reassuring smile. As she walked off trailing behind Naruto Inari grit his teeth. Of course the Gojo follows suit!

Umeko sighed, opening the front door. Naruto sat on the porch looking out at the stars. She frowned, sitting down beside him. “I know what youre going to say. I went too far and i should apologize.” Naruto huffed, turning away from Umeko, worried to see her disappointed face. “Yeah you did go too far.” She sighed, Naruto flinched. “But you dont need to apologize.” She chuckled.

Naruto hesitantly looked over at her and was surprised to see a calm and relaxed expression painting her face. “You-you arent mad..?” He sniffled. Umeko let out an abrupt laugh, the pleasant sound ricoshaying into the night sky. “Mad?” She laughed, “Naruto im not your mom!” She elbowed him playfully. “You had every right to be angry. Sure he might not know you but that doesnt mean that your experiences dont matter.” She smiled. Naruto smiled, “I dont get it. Youve been so tolerant about all the bad stuff they say about you. Why arent you mad?” He asked. Umeko stopped laughing, her smile faltering.

“Naruto-” She stopped, how did she even begin to explain this? “The things my clan have done are awful, they withhold resources and only care for themselves. They see themselves as gods whos actions have no concequences.” She explained, “But people hate you for something you cant even begin to control! Something that was put inside you, not something thats in your blood.” She sighed, clenching her fists.

Naruto frowned, “You cant control your clan, how is that different from my situation?” Naruto asked. Umeko froze, “Its-it- It just is…” She weakly responded, looking away. “I dont think it is.” Naruto hummed, his voice oddly calming compared to his usual goofy tone, “I think you just blame yourself.” Umeko froze. Tears starting to soak her blindfold. Naruto frowned, hugging her.

“It isnt your fault.”

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄