3

The following day, as they went about their classes and training exercises, Hiro couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Rayan seemed distant, his usual effervescence dimmed. He tried to convince himself that it was nothing, that they were just getting used to being roommates, but deep down, he knew something was amiss.Later that night, as they lay in bed once more, Hiro decided to take the plunge. "Rayan," he began, his voice soft and tentative, "I've been thinking... about what you said yesterday."

Rayan's heart skipped a beat. He knew exactly what Hiro was talking about, and the mere mention of it sent a wave of nervous anticipation coursing through him. "Oh?" he managed to reply, trying to sound nonchalant.

Hiro nodded, propping himself up on one elbow to face Rayan. "Yes. I've been thinking... I mean, I care about you too, Rayan. A lot. And I've been wanting to... I don't know, see where this thing between us could go." He hesitated, searching Rayan's eyes for some sign of understanding or agreement.

Rayan's heart hammered in his chest as he listened to Hiro's words. He couldn't believe it; he'd been hoping Hiro felt the same way. "Hiro," he whispered, reaching out to touch the strong man's arm, "I feel the same way. I care about you so much... and I've been wanting... wanting this too." His voice trailed off as she leaned in closer, her lips just inches from his.

Their kiss was tentative at first, soft and gentle, as if they were afraid of scaring each other. But as they explored each other's mouths, their hesitation melted away, replaced by a desperate need to feel closer. Hiro's hand slipped under Rayan's shirt, tracing gentle circles on his back, while Rayan ran his fingers through Hiro's dark hair. They rolled over, Hiro now on top of Rayan, their bodies pressed tightly together.