A 'beautiful' Family

"(X+7)(x-9) please answer with all working out." Miss yelled from the front. This had been a long day and last was Maths. I was shit at Maths.

"What?" I whisper to Emily Dante the person I sit next to in Maths. She frowned and shrugged her shoulders but I could clearly see her writing out the question and answering slowly.
Set 4.

Maths was spilt up into 5 sets, well everyone was split into 5 sets. Set 1 are the best and do A* level and set 5 was the worse doing grade C level work.

All our school wanted was everyone to get above a C in the main three subjects. English, Science and Maths. English I was working at a level B, Science I was at a A and Maths, well, I was barely getting a C.

After a few more brain-numbing questions the bell finally rang. everyone hurried their stuff into bags and place spare change in the money buckets at the front of the classroom as they left.

"Joshua?" Miss Wonders asked. I turn slowly hoping I had just forgotten something. "Look, you are not in trouble." That's a surprise. "Its just that you are not doing very well. In your last mock exam you got a E. and we expect you to get C's possibly B's. You are teetering on the edge of moving down a set... Again." She breathed I shuffled awkwardly as she kept going. "I've talked to your parents and they have organised a tutor for you. Josh? I'm going to give you extra work to work on with your tutor. All the work you do with them must be done and stuck into this book. If your grades don't go up you will move down and I know how your family is. I really hope this helps you." Miss hands me a new book and some work sheets.

Shit. I had no idea I was this bad well I did but I didn't expect this.

I hope the tutors hot.

What am I thinking of I don't get a C or above my Dad is going to shoot me.

---------------

I hurry home to find my family getting ready for a party thing for my Dad's company. He just got a large investment deal and other boring stock broker things.

"Joshua, finally." My Mother yells at me.

"I was at the park." I say looking at the busy surroundings. My Dad was on the phone pacing up and down to my left in the lavish dinning room and to my right was my three sisters all with wet hair and curlers. My two brothers were playing Fifa I front of them on the 60" TV. A few women walked round organising their hair and make-up tools.

"You know what tonight is!" She said patronisingly. I was still her little baby being the youngest of six.

"Mum its 5:15. I have, like, two hours."

"Get in the shower !" She screamed. I ran up the stairs that led to a balcony hallways with doors to each side. The balcony hung above the large living room.

"He was with his girlfriends..." My siblings teased.

"More like boyfriends!" They laughed. I ran down to my room which was on the right and slammed the door.

The boys rooms were to the right and the girls rooms were to the left and the master in the middle. My bedroom as well as my two brothers bedroom were linked with bathroom, Jonah the eldest wasn't directly liked to the bathroom but mine and Dan's was.

I stripped out of my clothes and put a towel over my waist and upper legs. My hair flopped over my face as I checked my body in the mirror. I would have to do a few push ups to keep my chiselled exterior in shape.

After I got out of the shower I ruffled my hair with a towel to partially dry it. The shower was surrounded by fogged out glass so you could hardly see through it, good because none of the doors had locks. Why would they you would have to lock and unlock them every time you went in.

Beep, beep.

My phone buzzed alive.

'Hey, C, big party tonight at Blondie's, you bringing alcohol? 🎉😋👌🏻'

Ugh, another reason why this company party is shit. I look up at the tux hanging up on my wardrobe. I fall onto my bed with a thump.

'No cant, got a shit family thing/party I have to go to that. Wish I was though... 😖😴'

'Ha mate gonna be great, have a shit time with the fam 😅😝💃🏼!!!!!'

I threw my phone down the bed and raked my hair back with my fingers. I put some sweats on and a t-shirt and made my way downstairs.

"Sit!" On the women said to me.

"Huh?" I asked as she pushed me onto the chair.

"Finally!" Jonah exclaimed, "you take an f-ing life time." He said to me. He ran up the stairs with Dan and closed behind him. I turned by the sound of a vacuum cleaner and hot air being blown towards me. The women styled my hair like I usually would with gel and a lot of hair spray.

It was about 6:15 by the time she had finished and by that time Jonah was having his hair done and Dan was coming down the stairs.

I slowly walked up the stairs and into my room. I had to take of my t-shirt before she styled it so it wouldn't be ruined.

Changing into my tuxedo took longer than I expected because the buttons were small and the cuff-links were a pain in the ass. Once I had changed and was smelling perfect I stood and took an Instagram in front of my wall mirror. A couple of minutes later likes had already started to roll in.

"Joshua we need to leave!!!!" My Mum yelled up the stairs to me. I sighed as I turned down the stairs with my beautiful family judging me.