1 (i'll come up with chapter names later)

"Go, go, go!" Ichneutae yelled.

Thunder roared in the background, but because it's been going on for so long I've managed to tune it out.

I ran with him. I could barely see anything through my glasses. Behind us, the cyclops roared, just like the thunder did. I ran as fast as I could. As fast as I could with my limp, at least.

"Hurry!" Ichneutae yelled. What could I do about that Cyclops injuring me? Everything was overwhelming me, and I just froze. And when you duck out of the way to avoid the falling tree, you're a teeny tiny bit too late. Not crushed, not stuck under it, but injured by a branch sticking out.

I stumbled up the big, empty hill. There weren't any trees on this hill, as if some special forces had kept it from happening.

Then three people appeared from the other side. I got startled so badly I fell, and rolled down to almost the bottom of the hill again. I could faintly hear some screams. Adrenaline pushed me forward, enabling me to get up again. As by miracle my glasses stayed in their place. Ichneutae ran towards me. "Are you ok?" He asked, screaming to get over the sound of rain and thunder and yelling of three people behind us fighting the Cyclops.

I just nodded. I felt nothing but some scratches and maybe a bruise on my leg. The pain in my limp also got worse. I looked at what was happening behind me. In the distance, I could see the three people attacking the Cyclops with what seemed like swords and spears. One of them suddenly got hit by its huge club and flew backwards.

"No need to watch that!" Ichneutae yelled. He grabbed my wrist and started running up the hill, dragging me along the way. I couldn't do anything but follow.

Once we were on top of the hill Ichneutae slowed down. I looked at what was now beneath me, but couldn't distinguish anything. The rain and water on my glasses made me barely able to see stuff that was three meters in front of me.

Ichneutae then picks up his speed again. When I almost stumbled because of my limp, and the only reason I didn't fall for a second time was Ichneutae still holding my wrist, he decided to lift me on his back. I didn't resist, despite the fact I hated touching.

Ichneutae ran the last part back to camp. A bunch of blonde-haired kids started running toward me. One person, who seemed to be around my age just stood in the background and stared.

"Nicola!" I heard one of them yell. "Stop staring and help! Bring Ichneutae to the infirmary!"

The boy snapped up and said: "Yes, Daphne."

That same girl, Daphne, then took me in her arms as Nicola brought Ichneutae away. "Hey there," Daphne said. "You'll be fine, sweetie, ya hear me? Everything's ok now. You're at camp now; you're safe."

And I believed Daphne. After weeks of constant stress and fear and running and fleeing and hiding and fighting and surviving with Ichneutae, I could finally rest. I snuggled into her embrace as she started walking again.

I think Daphne could feel how I moved because she softly patted my head. "There you go. Now sleep, tomorrow we'll explain everything."

I didn't need a single word for my body to confirm that it could finally shut itself off. I closed my eyes, and I fell asleep before my head even touched Daphne's shoulder. 

A/N: To make sure that I keep updating this I am going to write short chapters. Hopefully they'll become longer as the story goes on.