Chapter one: Introduction

Aemon Waters was 9 years of age when he found out what he was. A bastard. Some nobles treated him with disgust and some with pity. He liked neither.

He'd only spoken to Rhaenyra a few times. Though Rhaenyra had been excited to have an older sibling. The excitement had died as she got older and realized what had happened for him to be born.

Her father had lain with another. A Lys whore with dark skin, white hair and dark purple eyes while Queen Aemma was with child no less. It twas a scandal the biggest the court has had in years.

Then as if the Gods had not punished Queen Aemma enough a bastard was born of the union. A boy. The boy King Viserys had dreamed of. While King Viserys claimed the child and had him raised in court. The young lad was without friends. He had the young Rhaenyra for a time before they each grew up.

Queen Aemma was kind to him but the self hatred within Aemon left him without her company for a long while.

When his mother; Lyria had died after his birth with fever some nobles had clapped and cheered. Grateful that the Gods had acted with swift justice. While others felt sorry for the poor boy.

He was lonely and full of self hatred. He wanted company. A friend but alas the Gods give and the Gods take away. While they had given him breath he had no life. No friends and absent father and a dead mother.

His former years were spent training to be the best swordsman he could be. The only things he did were train and read to study. It was his only escape. Already at five and ten years of age he was a formidable fighter.

He had felt the call for a dragon. The pull towards Dragonstone but he was a bastard and understood the repercussions. So he carried on dragonless.

His uncle Daemon Targaryen had at first been quite hateful towards the boy. He was rude and hard on him. When Aemon had turned five and ten Daemon had told him. "You are a man grown now and it is your duty bastard or not to protect House Targaryen." It twas the only positive response he had gotten in years.

" It twas the only positive response he had gotten in years

I do not own House of The Dragon. Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice and Fire.