Chapter Two: The Death of a Queen.

The beginning of days start easy for Aemon. He wakes up asks the maids to prepare a bath. Takes a bath and dresses himself. He combs his long silver curly hair and rakes various oils through it.

He recoils at the thought of going to court nobody speaks to him there. All he gets are looks. The could be heir. The Kings bastard. It just depends on who you are speaking to.

Aemon walks the halls of the Red Keep neither a lord nor a prince of the realm. He walks to the Godswood book in hand when he comes across the Lady Alicent and his halfsister the Princess Rhaenyra.

He hears "Im being serious." "I never jest about cake." As they continue their conversation Aemon takes a peak from behind the castle wall. Alicent Hightower was magnificent. To Aemon she was the most beautiful maiden he had ever seen. He knows his uncle Daemon only likes Valyrians in his bed. And Rhaenyra had always been the Realms Delight. But the curve of Alicents cheekbone. And her fiery hair had captured all of his attention.

He looked away once he realized he was staring. He tried to quickly walk away but alas he was not quick enough.

Rhaenyras face soured as she came into contact with her half brother Aemon. "Princess Rhaenyra the Lady Alicent Good morrow." He bowed his head in acknowledgment. The Lady Alicent was blushing slightly and Rhaenyra had her face turned away. "Aemon what are you doing here?" "The maester said I am to study the houses of the reach. If you remember it had always been my weakest spot."

Rhaenyra smiled slightly at the memory. Her lips turned to a half smile as she looked down and up again at Aemon. "I do remember. Your maester was Maester Luwin correct?" "Yes Princess." Rhaenyra nodded her head. "If you'll excuse me. My lady My princess." Again Aemon bowed to Rhaenyra and bowed his head to the Lady Alicent.

Queen Aemma was heavily pregnant again

Queen Aemma was heavily pregnant again. This time King Viserys was sure the babe was to live. And so he has decided to host a tourney and while Queen Aemma had invited Aemon to stay in the Royal Box. Aemon had quickly lied and said he would be participating in the tourney. And now he actually had to participate.

As he polished his armor his anxiety racing. He was considering that perhaps being in the Royal Box with those vultures would be more calming.

Aemon puts on his armor his hands shaking. He mounts his horse and rides out to the rest of the men in line and rides with them to the front of the Royal Box. "Prince Daemon of House Targaryen! Prince of the city! Will now choose his first opponent!."

Aemon had never been a religious person but he closed his eyes and prayed. 'Seven please dont let my uncle choose me.'

Daemon rode through on his black horse. riding towards the line of men and after a breath of waiting choosing Ser Gwayne Hightower as his first opponent.

Guilt immediately flooded Aemon as he though of Alicent. 'Perhaps I should have prayed for Daemon to choose me.'

As the riders got their lances ready Aemon wondered how stupid he was. He didnt feel ready but he knew he must do it. As he was thinking Daemon had used a dirty maneuver to unhorse Ser Gwayne. As Daemon strode up to the Royal Box Aemon felt he knew whose favor he would ask for. Him and the princess had always been close.