Chapter 1:School

On December 25th, I was born into this sad, gloomy world. Though it may seem great to be born on Christmas, it isn't. In fact, it's the worst day to be born. Everyone has such high expectations. My mom and dad always thought that I was destined to be great because my birthday was so rare.

Let me just say it definitely didn't turn out how they wanted. When I was young, people would make fun of me because I had several weird things, like dyslexia, ADHD, OCD and many other things. Not to mention that my parents tried to be decent people, but they fought a ton and were always worried about money problems. This made me feel a bit ignored. They never really paid attention to me, and I learned quickly that I could get away with something's if I tried.

In this world, it may be easy to get away with things. See, my world is full of wizards and witches, werewolves, vampires, and many other creatures. When you're a human, you're basically powerless, but lucky for me, I'm not a human. I'm a witch, which makes things easy to get away with.

Though I had zero friends at school and was only liked by teachers because I actually cared about their class, It wasn't until this year at Livermore, a school for wizards and witches, that I had friends. Right now, I have my best friend, Bianca. She is unique and understands me. She is really outgoing and tries to introduce me to some of her other friends, but it doesn't always work out. They always seem to think I'm a bad person. I had just given up on people, but she still tries to help me make more friends.

I sat at the lunch table next to Bianca, who was talking to one of her friends, a girl who was about three years younger than her. "Hey, what took you so long?" She said she was turning her attention towards me and forgetting the conversation she was just having with her other friend. "Sorry, I got caught up studying." I said this as I started to eat my food.

The girl who was talking to Bianca got up and said bye to my friend before she left. I wasn't surprised that she had left. My friend didn't respond to her and just said, "Are you okay? You look like you haven't slept in years."Yeah, I'm fine, I just stayed up trying to figure something out." I said calmly and took another bite of my food. "I feel bad for your roommate. You always seem to be up all night." She said, shrugging. "She doesn't mind. She is usually up too, and I'm also not always up. I do sleep." I said in my defense.

"Whatever you say." She said. "Well, unlike you, I don't like to skip class and not do my homework." I say, standing up to throw the rest of my food away. "Hey! Why did you have to call me out like that?!" She said, standing up and following me. "Sorry, but am I wrong ?" I said, throwing away my food and then looking at her. She was silent for a second but then said, "No." "See?" I said, laughing and walking out of the cafeteria. "Ugh. You're always right." She sighed, following me.

"Well, I have to get to class." I said. "Ok, I'll see you after! Don't expect to see me studying, though." She laughed. We said our goodbyes and hugged. Then I sighed and headed to my class, feeling horrible because my best friend wouldn't be there. So I was on my own.

~~~~~◇♡~~~~~◇♡~~~~~◇♡~~~~~◇♡~~~

Sorry for the short chapter. I was busy. I hope you guys liked it! :)