Anne Savoy, Princess of France

Anne of Savoy was the niece of the King of France, a member of the Savoy family.

She was a French Princess and in 1475, she married Henry Tudor. In order to secure a French alliance. It was a happy marriage and a good marriage, as they both loved each other.

The news of their marriage did not go well with King Edward. Especially when news came of Anne's first pregnancy only a few months after their wedding. But while it was a son, it was a stillborn.

Anne gave birth to their daughter, Queen Anne Tudor in February 1479, who would go on to become Queen of Portugal.

But unfortunately, this happiness of both parents did not last as Princess Anne died in 1480. Henry did grieve her for long, even hesitating on pledging to marry Elizabeth of York.

Anne was a good and caring mother by all accounts, and a good sister who's siblings still grieved her.

Her daughter Anne was beloved as she was and would go on to be the Queen of Portugal, and would be beloved in England and Portugal, In England being known as the Queen who never was.

Anne Savoy, Princess of France

Parents: Yolande of Valois and Amadeus, Duke of Savoy.

Siblings: Louise of Savoy and Charles of Savoy.

Spouse: Henry VII (1475-1480)

Children: Stillborn son, Miscarried child, Queen Anne of Portugal.