chapter 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

CHAPTER SEVEN

aftermath

     LIZ has to move to Oregon, and she's pissed at Peter for leaving during Homecoming. Especially because it was the night she discovered her dad was a supervillain.

"So you like Spider-Man after all?" Olivia chuckles, "I'm not even surprised."

"I guess he's nice," Paisley says, "He's a good partner. He's sweet."

"You think he's cute?"

"Olivia!"

"What?" She replies, defensively, "It's just a question! I haven't seen you get some since..." Olivia trails off, "You know who. And that didn't exactly end well."

"Exactly," Paisley says, "Which is why I don't have any time for boys."

"I don't believe that for a second."

•••

Spider-Man's face at Paisley's window confuses her, to say the least, but it doesn't stop her from rushing to her window with a smile on her face.

"How did you know where I was staying?" Paisley laughs softly.

"A little birdy," Spider-Man sticks out his hand for Paisley to take, "Come on. There's someone I want you to meet."

Before Paisley knows it, she's swinging through the city with Spider-Man, with no idea where they're going.

"Any more crime fighting since the Homecoming incident?" Paisley questions, "I see you got your suit back."

"Yeah, here and there..." He trails off, "What about you? You're kinda like a superhero too."

"Well, the other day, I saw a woman getting, like, mugged on the street." Paisley answers, "And that would normally scare me and I would run the other way, but I guess I felt like I couldn't just leave her there. So, thankfully, there was this stand of little masquerade masks right by. I snatched one, saved the woman, someone taped it and put it YouTube. And I guess everyone knows about the mysterious girl with wings now."

"Have they given you a name yet?" Peter asks, "I remember when they first came up with Spider-Man."

"Some call me Tink lately."

"Like Tinker Bell?"

"Is that why? I see." Paisley sighs, "You know, at my old school, everyone thought I was mad. That's why they'd call me Crazy Paisley. S'not even really original, they practically just copied Looney Lovegood."

"I don't think you're crazy," Peter responds, "Does swinging not scare you? Even a little?"

"It's just like flying," Paisley shrugs, "Not scary."

Once Peter finds his destination, they swing to the ground, where Paisley gives him a very confused look.

"Stark Tower?" Paisley furrows her eyebrows, "What are you up to, Spider-Man?"

Peter takes her into the building and introduces her to the one & only Tony Stark.

"I told Mr Stark about you and, uh..." Spider-Man scratches the back of his neck, "Your powers."

"You what?" Paisley widens her eyes.

Tony speaks up, "Pe- uh, Spider-Man also told me that he probably couldn't have saved everyone if it weren't for you."

Paisley smiles and looks at Peter, who's looking around at anywhere but Paisley or Tony.

"He also told me about your mom." Tony raises his eyebrows.

Paisley's head snaps towards Spider-Man, "How did you know about my mom?"

"The same little birdy."

"What about her?" Paisley questions, "Yes, she's dead, what does that have to do with anything?"

"You're in foster care, right?" Tony shrugs, "Pepper and I- Pepper's my fiancé- we wanted to... take you in. If you hate it, you can say you want to leave literally whenever you want and we'll find you a home that you actually want to stay in--"

Paisley cuts him off by giving him the tightest hug possible, resulting in a very awkward hug back from Tony as he lightly pats the back of her head.

"Thank you, Iron Man."

"Yeah."

"Can I call you dad?"

"Well, we aren't quite there yet..."

A/N: one more chapter until ffh