Starting over

There are times where you just have to start over...like you moved to a rich town filled with glitters and rainbows and fake people that is only your friends because of your status!

My dad always make sure to say "it doesn't matter what you don't have, it matters what you make out of what you do have! I know sometimes it's true but what about people who have everything the looks, money,car, and the right people to back them up?

And then there's me the 2nd black girl in a white neighborhood. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong, one thing I am worried about is standing out not that it is a bad thing but standing out as a black girl in an all mostly white people school, I feel like the change is overwhelming it is not the same life I'm am immune to since I have moved from an environment I stayed In for so long just to feel back at square one to fit in.

Wake up! It's 5:30
Wake up! It's 5:30
My clock reminds me that I have to start my new life and new suffering today. I wiped my eyes and got up and picked out a pretty blue shirt with graffiti art that has a star logo, the star logo represents a story and a quote my mom said "no one can ever take away the beauty of a star, and you my darling are a star."
As I remembered my mother's words, Amaya you're going to be late! My father said, I didn't realize how much I miss my mom.

I rushed to get dress but took time to make sure my hair look nice it was styled down in a curly Afro where my curls thrived in the
Most possible way it could. I went to the car and my dad always say this to me in the morning "think for yourself and not let anybody else make your own decisions of your life" I nodded my head and said yes sir
In a funny tone. My bones are twitching and I'm shivering cold not actually cold but the anxiety running in my veins feels cold.

We finally arrived...I opened the door slowly hesitating but my dad always got my back and and says "you don't have to change for anyone" have a good day at school call me if anything happens or you need help okay? Yes dad, I walk into the front entrance and stares followed me everywhere, but someone came up to me and asked me Are you Amaya Morgen?
Yes why? I'm a tutor guide for you... oh cool...the vibe is dry and feeling awkward but at least I'm not the only black girl here.