Chapter 11 - Yes

Elle's P.O.V
"Come on, Elle, sweetheart, it's going to be okay," Emmet whispered again, holding me tightly. I couldn't hold back a couple sobs. Colm squeezed my hand, and Laura put her hand on my thigh. I realized how lucky I was to have these 3 with me. I loved them more than my own father at this point.
"Elle, you don't have to talk about it yet," Colm said softly when I tried explaining, but only ended up whimpering and knocking over the jam. Laura hardly even winced when the jar fell onto her lap and stained her blue dress. She just picked up the jar, brushed the majority of the jam off with a napkin, and held my other hand. Emmet let his hand drift down onto my waist, and guided me out through the crowd of staring breakfast goers. I finally calmed down when we got outside, hugged Colm and Laura goodbye, and then whispered to Laura.
"Girls night soon, Laz. I'll miss you while we're on tour."
"Absolutely! You keep and eye out on Em there, okay? He gets homesick. I'll miss you Elephant. It was nice having a girl around here," she said, and I smiled. Colm and Emmet were talking about ten feet away, presumably about Colm coming out to one of the shows. Then I saw Colm crying. Must be something in the air, today, I thought as Emmet started sniffling. Laura and I exchanged looks. Then we heard Colm wail.
"Emmers! Don't leave me! Come back to Celtic Thunder, bud!"
"I'm gonna miss you Colly boy! But don't worry, I have some awesome stories to tell about you!" And with that, Emmet hopped into his car. I went to the passenger seat door and got in. Emmet quickly put on the Les Mis soundtrack, which we listened to constantly. The plan was to go back to our house, pack up, drive to the airport, take the flight, then meet up with Peter and Candace, and drive the awaiting van to the venue. Then it was soundcheck and meet and greet time. Then the show. "Right then, Elle. It's business time. Let's do this. You alright?" I grinned, thinking about the amazing adventure we'd be having together.
"Yeah. That was my dad. He said mom moved to Morocco when she found out about dad cheating. She...she never said goodbye," I said, starting to cry again. I stopped myself. No more crying. "He said if I went with you I.... I was not his daughter anymore. And I want, no matter how much I loathe him, I want to be part of that family still. I want to see my mam, and just make everything okay. But she obviously doesn't want me, so whatever. We'll have our own fun." I stopped, took a breath, and looked up. Emmet was smiling. "Why are you smiling?" I asked, feeling suddenly self-conscious.
"You'll see," he answered.

"I have often dreamed, of a far off place, where a hero's welcome will be waiting for me," Emmet sang, his maroon shirt clearly showing off his muscles. A red haired girl of around 17 was staring at him, mesmerized. He gave her a wink and she legit almost fainted. I was so proud of him, watching from the back. He finished the song and went right into Some Enchanted Evening. I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to be with such a talented guy.

Emmet was hilarious all night. His comedic timing was amazing, and his charm obviously helped out. The ladies all seemed very into the concert, whether it was for the music or the man, I wouldn't know. At the end, he sang The Parting Glass. And cried. I couldn't believe how he opened up so much to the audience, and how vulnerable he was. It made me love him, if it was possible, even more. He finished, and everyone applauded. "Thank you so much everyone for supporting me through this whole adventure. Every performer says it, but I truly mean it when I say I love each and every one of you. Special thanks to Peter, who is, while sometimes inappropriate, very talented. Also, Candace, my wardrobe girl and great friend. And Colm, for tolerating my stories, and not getting mad that I told them. That one's in advance. I'm sure if Colm had been here, he would have really appreciated that." A lot of laughter, and then he continued. "But I'd really like to thank my girlfriend, Elle. She has supported me through everything, and is the best girl I could've wished for." What the hell is he doing? He was looking right at me now, and he beckoned me forward. "Elle, would you come up here, please?" I slowly got up, feeling the eyes of 50 people on me. Half of them were kind of glaring a bit. When I got on the stage, Emmet took my hands and kneeled down. Oh dear God. He took out a small, black velvet box. Oh my God, no way. "Elle, will you marry me?" Emmet asked, and I could feel a from unfurling across my face.
"Yes, of course I'll marry you," I said, and he hugged me. Everyone clapped and wolf whistled. "Thank you," I whispered in his ear.
"No, thank you," he said, and I had to use all my willpower not to kiss him in front off all his fans.

The calm before the storm.