France🦋

~France somewhere between 1945s - 1955s~

                        _____________________

The story about a freak circus that toured Europe with scary clowns and other strange creatures. They entertained the crowd who came to see the circus. Adults and children enjoyed and liked the performances.

Rumors said that the circus people were real freaks and not just disguised ones. Because the unlucky ones who entered the circus with their feet never came back.

One night, a group of children had sneaked by the fences and saw a light, from the tent where one mime had been, the little boys had run as hard as they could. The boys' journey ended short, in front of them they saw a figure dressed in a black suit, they had raised their hat and said

"Welcome to the freak show"

Red eyes shining in the night and the boys' scream echoed

Word of the missing boys reached the police and they began to investigate the case.
The investigations led the freak circus. A lone policeman entered the circus and watched the tents and freaks whose heads turned after him as he walked past them.
Nervously, he blinked sideways as the mimes and clowns followed his every move with their eyes.

He swallowed a lump in his throat breathing slowly and deeply reaching the bigger tent where the twins turned to look at him, those strange twins who in their frighteningly strange outfits and makeup followed the man's every move.

He stopped and looked at the contents of the tent, 'are there no normal people here?' Suddenly, the mime, smiling, jumped in front of him, waving his arms. The young policeman startled, taking a step back, but bumping into another mime.

Clearing his throat, he asked with a trembling voice, 'where could the circus leader be found?' Staring mimes with eerily smiles on their faces gathered side by side. Imitating the movements of others, they pointed with their fingers.

They took steps approaching, pointing and waving their fingers back and forth. The young man nervously looked at the two mimics in horror. Again he asked where he could find the manager. Mimicking hands raised in front of their mouths looking at each other they stared. Laughing and gesticulating, they turned their heads back.

'Stop fooling around and tell me' The young man shouted as he walked past the mimics. Continuing his journey, he ran into clowns and a woman who were silently staring. Looking around, he continues his journey.

Soon bumping into a magician who was staring at the police with his arms crossed. A wide smile appeared on the face and the cry of the police echoed in the circus.