ACT: || 6 Elevator

Beomgyu was getting driven to the company to meet his new manager and to obviously do his job. If he was being honest; he was actually not nervous to meet his new manager. He was actually excited to meet him. Why? Well number one. They're the same age. And number two. They used to be friends, but they ended up parting ways when Beomgyu started his career as an actor. They lost touch and haven't seen each other in 4 years.

Beomgyu was looking out the window admiring the view until he got a notification.

Beomgyu looked at the message and felt happy. He had no schedules so that meant he could have a break. But that doesn't mean today won't be tiring. Everyday's tiring for him even if he has a break. That's just the life of an actor, what can I say?

When Beomgyu walked into the company he was greeted with a smiley fox that was a little shorter than him.

"Hello, I'm assuming you're 'Choi Beomgyu?'" The smiling fox said.

"Oh, yes I am. May I ask who you are? Beomgyu asked while tilting his head.

"Well I'm your new manager, 'Yang Jeongin', and I guess I already know your name. Jeongin said, with a light laugh.

"Oh yeah, so what are we supposed to do right now?" Beomgyu said, in a curious tone.

"They just told me to meet you when you come and go back to the meeting room. So let's go!" Jeongin said, while walking to the elevator.

'I must say, I remember him having a bubbly personality, and he hasn't grown that much in height... but he's still tall, not many things changed since we last saw each other.

𒈔𒉽𒈔

Beomgyu and Jeongin made it up to Mr. Kim's office. The three were talking about fixed schedules, manager duties, and all that other boring stuff...

While talking, Beomgyu's phone suddenly rang, making him get up and excuse himself to pick up the call.

"Sorry, I have to pick up this call." Beomgyu said, while walking out the office.

[📞]

"Hello?"

"Oh, hi hyung. Sorry for interrupting your meeting, but would you like to hangout later?"

"Sure, my schedules are left open today anyways. What time?"

"I'll just call you when you should pick me up."

"Sounds good then, bye!"

[📞]

After Beomgyu hung up, he tucked his phone back into the pocket of his jacket and went back inside the meeting room. For a few more hours they continued to talk about more important things.

After the meeting had ended, Taehyun texted Beomgyu he'd be off in a few minutes. So Beomgyu decided to get a little closer to his new manager (old friend) than before.

"Hey, umm..." Beomgyu, started.

"Don't worry, you can just call me 'Jeongin,' we're the same age anyways." Jeongin said, with a smile.

"Oh ok, thank you." The burnette said, while returning the smile.

"Oh yeah.. um, Jeongin? Do you remember..?" He said, trying to get the question out of him.

"Yeah? What do I remember?" Jeongin said, while looking curiously at Beomgyu.

"Well, we... we used to be friends... you may not remem-"

"YES! Yes, I remember! We haven't been in contact for so long! I kinda missed you... But I'm really proud and happy that you chased your dream! And when I heard you needed a new manager I applied so I could see you again! Well... also because I needed a-another job..." Jeongin said, while slightly whispering the last part.

'Another job..?' Beomgyu thought.

"Yeah, yeah... I missed you too." Beomgyu said, still thinking about what Jeongin meant by "another job."

Suddenly, he got a text from Taehyun that he was done working for the day and that Beomgyu could pick him up now.

Beomgyu read the message and told Jeongin he would be leaving.

"Jeongin, I'll be leaving for today. See you tomorrow!" He said, while waving to Jeongin.

"Oh, bye! See you tomorrow too!" Jeongin said, while returning Beomgyu's wave.

𒈔𒉽𒈔

Beomgyu was walking to the elevator as Taehyun said to meet there. Beomgyu was getting closer to the elevator as Taehyun saw him.

"Ah! Hi, hyung!" Taehyun said, with a bright smile on his face.

"Hi, Tyun." Beomgyu said, while walking into the elevator with Taehyun.

"I heard your new manager came today, how was it?" Taehyun said, while pressing the button that leads them to the main floor.

"Pretty good. He was actually one of my old friends from highschool." The older replied, while leaning back.

"Oh, you mean Jeongin-hyung?" Taehyun asked, while looking up at Beomgyu.

"Yeah, it was Jeongin."

Suddenly, the elevator stopped and the lights turned off. Causing Taehyun to get scared and run to hug Beomgyu.

He hugged Beomgyu tightly while rubbing his head into Beomgyu's chest.

Beomgyu knows Taehyun gets scared of dark places so he didn't mind, and gave into the hug.

He was rubbing circles on Taehyun's back, as he then put his head ontop of Taehyun's head hoping it would help Taehyun calm down a little bit.

"H-hyung, when are we g-gonna get out?" The younger asked, with a hint of fear, while trying to look at Beomgyu's face.

"We'll be out soon... don't worry, I already called. They said they'll be here soon. It's ok." Beomgyu said, trying to comfort Taehyun while caressing his hair.

A few minutes later, the people came and fixed the elevator. So Beomgyu and Taehyun could finally go home.

"Why don't you come over to my house for the night?" Beomgyu suggested.

"Yeah... I'm ok with it." The younger said, while linking his arm with the older.

"Boss. I see them. They're headed to Beomgyu's place."

"Thank you. I'll head there soon. I can't let them be together."