ch. ¹²

I couldn't bare listening to the 'do not engage when confronted by a special grade' monologue and the whole story behind the whole facility Ijichi is explaining, it was all too boring yet my train of thoughts were broken by a sudden cry making me turn my head towards the caution tape blocking out the entrance from citizens.
My gaze landed on a Middle aged woman, she seemed... heartbroken? So sad..

"Excuse me! Is tadashi... Is my son okay?"
The woman desperately question as the security prevented her from getting any further as her eyes frantically stared at us with hope.

It tugged at my heartstrings truly, but there's nothing I can promise her we can do so I did what was best and I stayed quiet. Turning to face Yuuji and Megumi I noticed worry laced in Yuuji's expression as Ijichi came to face the woman.

"She's a guardian who was here for a visit."
He explained to Yuuji which only made the boy worry more, I gave a gentle pat on the shoulder trying to comfort him.

"Stuff like this happens Yuuji, don't be sad"
I murmured in an attempt to comfort him before glancing at Ijichi and the woman as she dropped to the ground crying from his words, crying for the possible loss of her son.

It made me frown.
Why do people must endure this type of pain? It's not fair.

"Fushiguro, kugisaki, gojo-chan. We're gonna save them!"
Yuuji spoke up suddenly making me look at him as he cracked his knuckles and stared at the group with a sharp gaze.

"Of course we are."
Nobara was quick to agree with Yuuji as me and megumi could only sigh quietly.

"Ijichi, will you put up a veil?"
I asked as we made our way to the entrance, once I turned around I saw him nod with his fingers raised ready to put up the veil.

"Of course gojo-san."
He replied, while muttering the chant for putting up the veil.

I looked up at the sky and saw the black veil begin to form like ink blobs which also made Yuuji stop in his place and stare at the sky excited yet confused.

"It's becoming night!"
He ran over to the railing of the pathway excitedly looking around as the veil took form, looking like a child that's getting an ice cream.

I laughed at his eagerness finding it cute and endearing.

"Alright let's head inside, let's not waste time"
I called out once Megumi finished explaining to Yuuji that that's a veil, as I rested my hand on the door handle of the door I heard Megumi summoning his demon dog. Which made me curiously look behind me and seeing a white wolf forming in his shadow.

"He'll let us know if the curse gets close"
I hummed in admiration towards the cute pup, in which Yuuji happily petted the dog giving compliments making me smile.

"Alright let's go or I'm leaving you guys behind"
I said in a sing song tone as I opened the door entering the building not waiting for them... almost similar the way Satoru takes care of things.

"Hey! Gojo-chan wait for us!"
Yuuji said as he ran over to me entering the building as his face turned serious and focused. Others following close.

I was in front before noticing that the inside of the building became distorted making me stop dead in my tracks making the others realise.

"What is this?"
Nobara asked in shock as she looked up at the never ending stretch of the building's walls.

"What's going on in here..? Isn't this supposed to be a two story dorm?"
Yuuji was quick to ask as he stared in confusion. As I quickly lowered my head to stare at the ground as I used my senses to get a better hold of the situation... just what grade is this curse...