1 : Meeting the Famous Host Club

Your POV:

There are so many halls, how do these rich people not get leg cramps every day... My  train of thought cut off when I see a boy running through the halls.

"Excuse me, sir!" I rush after him until he abruptly stops for me, "Would you by any chance be able to show me the way to music room 3?"

He nods, seemingly unable to catch his breath, "Yeah, I was just heading that way."

He guides me towards the staircase he was running to, and most of our walk is filled with an anxious quiet.

The boy finally breaks the silence by asking me, "So, why are you looking for the Host Club? Taking photos or something?"

I gasp, wondering how he knows I'm a photographer and then remember the large digital camera around my neck.

"Y-yeah, I was hired by some guy named, uh, Kyoya Ootori. I think"

"Wow, I didnt think he was serious about getting a photographer after the whole manager thing. Oh! By the way, my names Haruhi Fujioka." Fujioka rambles, "Here we are!"

He opens the large, off-white doors to reveal a blondie talking to two ginger twins.

"I thought about it a lot last night, and maybe having a lady manager isn't such a bad idea." He proposes to the men around the table.

"Why do you say that?" the identical twins ask.

"Well it's fairly obvious isn't it? Renge just transferred intno the same class as Haruhi." He looks off into space, clearly daydreaming, "So if Haruhi has a girlfriend around, it could bring out the female within her. Renge's girlish air of tenderness might be able to stimulate Haruhi's own sense of femininity!"

Even after trying to follow his logic, I'm still lost.

Wait - did he say Fujioka's a girl?

"Good grief," he says

Can the author even call Fujioka a he? Hey, don't break the fourth wall, dude. Oh, ok. WAIT, WHAT?

Still in delusion, the blond says, "Now is our chance to help Haruhi get in touch with her feminine side! This is an important project men -"

"Sorry to interrupt boss," the left ginger apologizes, "but you just outed Haruhi to the guy over there." The right one finishes, pointing at me.

Shivers run down my spine from the uncanny way they speak together. I realize the whole club is looking at me and freeze like a deer in headlights

"Hey, everyone! You'll be happy to know that your new manager, Renge, has baked all of you some cookies! Oh, who are you?" A girls voice sounds from behind. You turn around to see a bronde girl wearing the yellow dress uniform. 

"Ah! Uh, me?" I ask, kind of startled, and she nods, "Um, my name is [L/N] [F/N], Mr. Ootori hired me to take photos of the club?" 

"Alright - !" "Ah, how ladylike, I'm so moved by your generosity!" The weird blond guy interrupts. 

"I didn't bake these cookies for you, you phony prince." The girl, Renge, retaliates with a deadpan expression, making the blond shrink into a corner as she walks up to Ootori. 

"I'm sorry I burnt them a little bit. I did the best I couuld. And I already know what you're going to say." She says delusionally, "Oh you're always so sweet to me Kyoya!"

A really short blond picks up a cookie and says, "She wasn't kidding, these cookies really are burnt."

An unusually tall man goes up to the one ⅛ of his size and cautions, "Don't eat that Mitskuni it's bad for you," making the girl called Renge mad and start to chase them.

As Fujioka tries a cookie, the bespecticaled man, Ootori, scoots over towards me. 

"While those idiots are doing that, I would like to introduce my clubmates to you." Ootori gestures to the odd blonde that was rambling earlier, "This is our president, Tamaki Suoh, the small one being carried," he waves to the boys running from Renge, "Is Mitskuni Haninozuka, Honey for short, the one carrying him is Takashi Morinozuka, whom we call Mori. And you've already met Haruhi I assume."

I nod confirming his assumtion. 

"And the twins are Kaoru and Hikaru Hitachiin...What do they think they're doing." He concludes as one of the twins licks crumbs off of Fujioka's face, which makes me cringe. 

"Did you see what they just did!?!!" The Suoh guy shouts, "He took a bite of the cookie while it was in her mouth! And then the other one licked her face! What are they doing?? I told you those shady twins cant be trusted! They're trying to seduce her!'

"And suddenly the trio of classmates are closer than they've ever been before." Ootori sighs and whispers, "I'm sorry it's this chaotic on your first day here. Though, you'll have to get used to it."

"Lukewarm." Renge mumbles, making Honey go "huh?"

"Every single one of you! Except for Kyoya, all of your characers are lukewarm! Each of you needs to have some sort of a dark side, you understand?" Renge shouts 

What's wrong with these rich people?

Renge continues her speech with, "Girls are vulnerable to handsome young men who are troubled! If you keep carrying on like this it's only a matter of time before the girls get tired of you and stop coming altogether! Are you trying to ruin my precious Kyoya's business?!As your manager it's my duty to change your character backgrounds!" 

As she rambles on, Kyoya leans toward my ear. Feeling his hot breath reach my skin, I feel blush dance across my face as he softly says, "Why don't you leave, I have a feeling this is going to be a lot. I'll email you the information later or we could call." 

I inhale shakily, trying to regain composure, and breathily reply with "Alright then Ootori."

"Please, call me Kyoya." He suggests. 

"Alright, Kyoya." I happily respond, giving him a closed eye smile. 

As I leave I hear Kyoya respond to a compliment from Renge with, "Thank you, I'm honored" A feeling of tightness bugs my stomach. 

I wish I could make him smile like that...