Chapter 3 Work

I'm in the police office, doing my work, and organizing the papers.

While drinking my coffee, I saw a paper talking about a criminal, and that he's going to be free after two weeks, which did already pass. Now he's free.

This person got in prison six months ago, because he, and his team consists of eight people, tried to steal money from a bank, but got failed due to his careless and got to jail.

That really doesn't bother me. what am I thinking about right now is what will I get for my grandson, until I heard something outside, so I got up, and went out to see what's happening.

Oh, it's those thugs، beating up another boy.

"Hi there"

"Hah?, what's that?"

"It's the old officer man"

Oh it's not a boy, I think I know this lad.

"Yeah, and I'm sorry to tell you to scram"

"Haha. and why will I listen to you, old man?"

"Because I AM an old man, and you have to respect your elders?"

"not when they are rude"

The man charged at me, but he didn't see electric detonator coming.

After getting him electrocuted, he fell down on his face, and I looked at the other one, waiting for him to charge too, but he grabbed his stupid friend and got away.

And why is this young man looking at me like that? like I'm some hero.

"come young man, do you want water?"

"Ummm... yeah?"

"then, come with me inside"

With that, the young man came inside and drinked some water, and I give him something to eat.

"why were they punching you, young man?"

"... C-can I not answer?"

"Okay, as you wish"

He do eat really fast, after eating with him, he got up and excused himself and went out of the office.

That lad is holding secrets, but I'm too old to do anything. plus, I have a grandson to get a present for.

After doing my shift, I went to get something cool.

Maybe an airplane?, or a car with a remote control?. I have to choose wisely.

After thinking for some time, he do have cars and airplanes, but not with remote control.

So, I'm going to get the two of them.

The place is really calm and beautiful with the trees and the grass, I like the small garden that my wife like to run in circles in it.

Looks like I have to run with her, because I'm getting old, and if I didn't amend myself soon, I'll become completely useless, and I don't want to show any weakness to anyone, even for my wife.

Here am I, in front of my house, and I'm hearing my grandson's happy voice inside.

"Here I'm"

"Grandpaaaaaa"

Seeing him running at me, happy because I came home, even though I didn't go for long.

"Easy on me child, if you keep doing that your presents will fall and get broken!"

"What! Presents!. give me give me give meeeee"

"Haha, okay okay"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Be sure to tell me your thoughts about this story. And support me so I could keep going.

Be sure to see the other stories since they are interesting too 😏.

Have a good day!!! 🐈.