Chapter 5: Alex

Evie Moralles

I'm woken up by someone shaking me abruptly. My arm flails out and Delaney exclaims, "Ow you whore!"

I groggily open my eyes, "Why the fuck is it so bright?"

The plane door is wide fucking open and the sun is brighter than my future.

Someone kill me now.

I finally got out of my seat, my blanket still wrapped around me. I climb down from the plane and get in the car that sits in front of us all. Sadie sits in the passenger seat asking the driver questions as we pull out of the garage. Me and the rest of the girls are all squished together in the backseat. I decide to use Mel's shoulder as a pillow and I go my ass right back to sleep.

Not even 20 minutes later, I'm woken up by Ray saying we're here. As we're pulling in the driveway, I see a large mansion sitting on a hill. I take note that we're in a valley. The car stopped and I lazily got out. Guards scatter the perimeter of the mansion. The driver popped the trunk and got our suitcases and belongings out for us. I grabbed mine and started walking up the steps to the front door. The mansion was white and had a very modern style to it. I believe the flight was 4 hours so it's still early in the morning.

I lead our group walking through the door first. There is a grand staircase in the middle with gold designs on the sides. I see there are hallways at the top of it and also many down on the main floor too. A man in a black suit comes down to tell us the boss will be down in a second. While we wait, Esmeray asks the one question that's been holding us all prisoner.

"Are we really going to let them help us?"

This is something that has crossed my mind multiple times when I found out about the alliance. I need to see if I can trust them. I can accept help. But I'll be damned if I let someone play their tricks on me. While still in my thoughts, five men and one woman walk down the staircase. Their expressions faltered a minute and then they returned to their normality. One of the mens' faces did not though, I concluded he was most definitely the boss. He was in the middle of them all. They all were very tall and muscular. I found myself boring into their eyes, deciphering their faces and picking apart their expressions. I felt eyes on me too.

I heard very faint and small gasps from my friends behind me.

Weird.

One guy, the one on the very end, lets out a laugh and says, "Who the fuck is this, this isn't the Nefarious Five." He continued to walk down while the others had stopped on one step. And it was just like that, my switch had flipped on. I was wide awake.

Neither of us said anything. We all understood he would have to learn the hard way. Because I stand in front of my girls, he stalks closer to me. He slowly closes in on my personal space, but I didn't back up.

"You expect me to believe you're the five most dangerous human beings on Earth, when you look like a bunch of bitches who don't even have the guts to kill?"

He begins to laugh again.

In a swift motion, I pull my knife out and slam him into the nearest wall. A smile rests on my lips. I was just waiting for him to finish his sentence. My knife will most likely leave a knick because of how hard I'm pressing down on his neck. One quick move and blood could be spewing out of him as he fights to breathe. His eyes are wide and he looks scared shitless now.

"Not so funny anymore is it," I mock gently with a sinister smile on my face. My friends let out hushed laughs as well as a few of the men.

Suddenly a voice bellows, "Let him go now or the alliance is over." I look up at the man who is now at the bottom of the staircase. The man I presumed to be the boss. I can't read his expression. He wears a black button up with black slacks. He has brown eyes that are burning a hole through me right now, as well as black hair that is in fluffy waves.