𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐴𝑅𝑇𝐼𝑆𝑇

"I can't escape it. The memories, the darkness... it wont stop."

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

LILLIAN MAYS WAS A LIAR.

She was a woman that wore more masks than she'd worn clothes. The soft bows that decorated her hair had been tightened, the servants outfit pressed to perfection as she smiled innocently to those around her. 

Her eyes were sharp, ears trained as she listened to the secrets that past by master to servants and courtesan to royalty. For years she had built an empire of secrets with not so much of a falter in her practiced smile. Which was why she had started to grow frustrated at her failures. 

"Find him"

An order from the Crown Prince. The young adult had stared over the ledge overlooking the training champions, jaw clenched. He was worried. He had been worried for weeks, since the first murder. 

Lillian had kept her head bowed, "At once, your majesty."

Murder after murder, Lillian grew angrier. Whatever had been killing the champions was brutal and she'd been tasked with finding whatever or whoever had caused it. 

For six years she had been successful in delivering information to the prince. 

This had been the first time she failed. 

"Lily?" the familiar voice of Philippa called to her.

The redhead looked up from one of Mia's dresses she had been stitching up, her mind having wondered to the events of the previous night. 

She'd tailed Perrington, the shadows hiding her as she listened in repulse to the schemes of the Duke and Lady Rompier. She didn't trust them, a dark feeling settling into her gut as she trailed after them. The Duke had been in meetings with the king as well and she'd yet to weasel her way into one of them. She had meant to tell the prince immediately about the information she'd collected yet he had been near impossible to find.