Dusty Book

The sun and moon are rapidly rotating and switching. The new academic year has started, and I cannot find inspiration to be productive this year. Curiosity and questions about this school still have not left my mind.

Staying for one year feels like forever. I walk but never talk, and I still do not know what the school is hiding—if there is.

In my previous school, my mind and my eyes were awakened by the idea of having mysterious cases. I found our head director having a partnership with someone to abduct students and create other issues inside our school. One of their victims is my friend, the competitor of the director's son. Well, as for this school, it will not surprise me anymore if there are such cases here too.

"Hey there, sophomore," a voice behind my back said. It sounds weird to me. The hands tapping my shoulder nonstop are irritating me too.

Clearly, this situation I am currently in, shows that I was born as a lonely guy in a family where most of them are not beside my crib. It is obvious that I inherited their genes; one of them is being serious at all times. Even sharing my thoughts is kept inside the vault. I believe it is fine to know myself and not my family—to know myself and to know others as well.

"Stop tapping my shoulder," I told her, using my ice-like voice.

"Yeah?" She sat at the table, facing me. Her voice sounded like that of a child using her nasal voice. My ears are not used to it, finding it infuriating.

"Stop disturbing me; just go away or, much better, get lost."

"Why? Do I need to follow you? You are not my god." The girl once again talked, eager to communicate with me. I did not bother to answer her, because I know that the girls here just want to fling around for some new guys in their eyes. In short, they want my attention and will make me miserable afterwards. "The mysterious guy who does not know the mysterious things on his campus."

She left me in the middle of the signless forest, making me feel clueless about everything. Her last sentences rested in my mind. I feel like I know what she was trying to point out, but I cannot tell what specific it is.

The next day, the same girl bothered me again. Her presence alone is bothering me and my gut towards this blonde girl will always be something I cannot describe. I started frowning by the time I saw her walking towards me.

"Will it be weird for you if I tell you that I know you?"

"Perhaps?"

"Hm? Well then, the basic one is you are the Diego of this school, the well-known nerd."

"Tss, that's it? How about the bare minimum?" I commented.

She laughed. "Yeah? Oh nerd, only ignorant people share all the details in their first short talks, Zoren."

Ting! Yeah, she is right, Zoren. She has a point—a good point and a good way to inconspicuously insult me.

"So? Tell me, you have to plan to go there."

"Go where?"

"The library? I know you are fully aware of that."

I shrugged. "I don't know."

The girl in front of me smiled. "Want to go there now?"

"I have a class. Besides, why should I go with you? We have not exchanged our names." I stood up as the bell rang and was about to walk, interrupted by her hands on my wrist.

"Meet me in the garden later, after class."

"Why would I?" I firmly said, raising my brows.

"I believe you have the right to know it."