𝖈𝖍. 𝖎𝖎 𝖕𝖙. 𝖎𝖎𝖎 ; white lines and black beaches.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

CHAPTER TWO ; PART THREE .

'Out,huh? Maybe Gavin's just taking an impromptu vacation from life.'

WHITE LINES AND BLACK BEACHES.

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄

"

the love club - lorde

I'm sick of words that hang above my head,

What about the kid? It's time the kid got free.

"

⋄⋆෴⋆⋄

OUTER BANKS.

3RD PERSON POV

The sheriff's office was as welcoming as a polar bear's den in a heatwave. Stepping into that familiar space, memories flooded back, but finding Sheriff Shoupe behind the desk instead of Peterkin was a jolting surprise.

"So, let me get this straight. You're saying this is the same gun Rafe Cameron used to off Peterkin?" Interim Sheriff Shoupe arched a skeptical eyebrow, eyeing the weapon like it might spill the beans itself.

"Yep, that's the gist of it." JJ asserted, standing tall next to Pope, who lounged as if he were on a beach chair.

"The very same gun Ward just used to send Gavin to an early retirement." Pope chimed in, reclining casually beside Kie.

"I—" Shoupe blinked in disbelief. "And where's the body again?"

"Didn't you check?" Kie quipped from her relaxed perch.

"Yeah, why are you asking us? Isn't that your job?" Laia chimed in, her tone as frosty as a popsicle in Antarctica, standing beside Kie and shooting Shoupe a glare that could freeze hot coffee.

"I checked the hospital. I went by his house. He was out," Shoupe explained, his gaze fixed on Laia.

Laia scoffed, disbelief and amusement dancing on her features. "Out, huh? Maybe Gavin's just taking an impromptu vacation from life."