LS: Suffocating In CO

Art by Adrien: https://www.apridotz.tumblr.com

This is a continuation of the original idea that is somewhere on my message board! I'm going to use that so you don't have to reread it. This chapter is shorter than what I wanted but I think it works :)

TW: Death from suffocation,, Betrayal, choking, convulsions,

Jimmy drew in a breath as he saw the message. He was alive.
He'd done it... the curse... he was free! He raised his hands in victory as Gem congratulated him. The air was filled with cherry blossom spores as he celebrated.

He was laughing.
Then he was crying.
He cried because he couldn't breathe. He looked around; stone wall, wooden supports, pickaxes resting on walls, and dimmed-out lanterns. A mineshaft. Carbon monoxide filled his lungs as his wings flapped wildly. His breathing accelerated and he let out a choked scream.

Something appeared in front of him, Jimmy stared in horror as the purple-winged figure smiled down.

"The canary is dead, evacuate the mines."

His vision dimmed and he banged against the bars of his cage. "I-I'm supposed to be free!" He broke down in another coughing fit. Jimmy could feel the lack of air, his brain becoming foggy. His vision blurred as everything—or was it himself?—fell sideways.

The canary hybrid lay there, shivering and inhaling shallow breaths as it became harder to breathe. The air quality was getting worse as time passed on and he curled his wings around him. It wouldn't do anything but provide Jimmy comfort in his final moments.

Jimmy gasped as air was no longer provided, the carbon monoxide in the air choking him. He convulsed before falling back against the metal floor, still. His wings would occasionally twitch but after a few moments stilled like the rest of him.

[SolidarityGaming suffocated to death]