Prologue

She was nineteen and he was twenty-one when it all happened.

They were not exactly dating, it was more of a friends with benefits thing, none of them were complaining, so it continued, until that fateful day, which changed their entire lives. The whole thing started out as an accident, to be honest. They were both pretty drunk from a party, and were feeling sorry for themselves, but decided to continue, since they liked it. It can also be said that that they just went with the flow.

Dawn Berlitz was a former Pokemon coordinator, and had won the Kanto Grand festival at the age of sixteen, achieving her dream. She decided to retire after that, and went into the fashion business, which was another thing her heart had always been in. It was another dream of her, to be a famous and successful fashion designer. After struggling for two years, she was suddenly launched into fame, with the help of her lopunny. She became a famous name in the fashion industry and it had been a year since then. So this was completely unexpected for her, and she was clearly not happy about it.

The other half of the problem lay with Paul Anderson. His training methods and battling style was always questioned by many over the years, including the world champion Ash Ketchum, but he had proved himself to be one of the strongest trainers in the world. He constantly came either second or in the top 8 in competitions, but at 21 years old, he had won the Lily of the Valley conference, and in a weird twist of fate, defeated Cynthia, and became the Sinnoh Region Champion. As such, he was constantly busy, rarely had any time for himself and had a lot of pressure placed upon him, something he never experienced before.

Both trainers lived their lives in the spotlight, so it was no wonder they were somehow drawn to each other, even though they were both polar opposites. They knew each other for a long time when she was ten and he was twelve, they had traveled across the Sinnoh Region, and occasionally crossed paths. Dawn resented him because of Ash, and the way he treated his Pokemon with no emotion and considered them weak. She did not like how he trained his Pokemon either. He had no interest in the contest circuit, so he never paid any attention to her. In fact, he could barely remember her name until they were older and became successful and famous.