Chapter 2: The Decision

So hey guys, I hope you are liking this book. Enjoy the chapter.

Silence had filled the atmosphere as soon as Dawn had said those words. Paul was absolutely stunned. He never thought that this would happen, they had been careful, for crying out loud. After what seemed like an eternity, he collected himself and spoke,

"You're what?!"

"You heard me, I'm pregnant. And the proof is right infront of you."

"What do you mean..... It's mine? No, that's not possible. There's no way, we used protection every single time." Paul spluttered, setting down his knife and fork on the table.

"I know, but sometimes these things happen, i guess." Dawn exclaimed, trying her best to stop the to tears that were forming in her eyes from rolling down her face.

Paul stood up, and with a straight face, said,
"I can't do this. I'm sorry, but i can't."

Dawn paled at that. She did not expect this reaction. She was trying her best to not become a crying mess.

"I wasn't expecting you to do anything! I just thought that you should know."

" There's no way I can raise a child," a flustered and distressed Paul said, running his hand through his hair.

"I wasn't expecting you to!!" Dawn shot back, raising her voice slightly. This was not how she wanted this conversation to go. She knew Paul was not going to take this nicely, but she never expected this reaction. Barely controlling herself, she spoke,

"I'll be the one carrying the child! I'll be the one doing the raising, i just thought that you deserve to know, since you're the father," she finished, lowering her voice again and dropping into her chair.

"I'm going to pay the bill. You should leave." With that, he left to pay the bill, leaving Dawn alone on the table.

"Thank you for listening, you idiot.". Dawn snapped, grabbed her purse from the table and stormed out of the restaurant in tears.

Dawn was never really the one for keeping her cool, she was a bit, quick tempered, so when a picture of her and Paul was on the front page of the Sinnoh mail, she almost destroyed her bedroom. The lamp was torn off the desk and smashed onto the floor in pieces, and the chair that went with the desk was tipped over in her rage. The picture was clearly taken from near the beginning of their date, but she spotted the words on the headline,
'heated argument' in the article and prayed that the journalist had not heard what their argument was about. There was another close-up shot of Paul, and Dawn assumed it was from when he left the restaurant, which was a good ten minutes after he had.

Part of her just wanted to rip the paper into a million pieces and throw it in the bin, another part wanted to show it to her mom, and a third part wanted her to just lie down and cry. And ofcourse, her brain assumed that the third option was the best option, so she just fell back onto her bed and covered her face with her hands. This was probably the worst thing that ever happened to her, and now there was a huge possibility that the whole world would know about it. It wasn't that bad for her, Sinnoh had seemed to forgot about her in the past few months. Although she was still in the fashion industry, she had quit the contest circuit and that took her out of the spotlight a lot. It was Paul she was worried about, she felt sorry for him. If word got out that he got a teenager pregnant, he'll never hear the end of it. He had become the champion a few months ago, and this could cost him his reputation as well as his image.

Dawn had fervently believed that sleeping it off would have helped, but she only felt worse. It had been a few hours after she woke up, to three missed calls, all from Zoey, who had presumably seen the Sinnoh mail. She was clearly not in the mood to talk to Zoey, especially since her red-headed friend was not a big fan of Paul. Any hint of romance between them (if there was any) she would be frowned upon, and Dawn was not looking forward to the inevitable lecture.